PDA

View Full Version : PROJECT WINTER - Right landing gear stuck!

Gary Esman
01-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Shot this morning at a local sanctuary. It was a rather brisk morning, minus 8 degrees:) Had a good time, but the birds where not moving a whole lot. Did manage to grab this one. Did remove a wing on each side of other swans landing. Thanks for looking, C & C always appreciated.

Self critique, would wish the sun was directly behind me but if it was the shot would have not been possible. :)

7D, 500mm, iso 500, 1/3200, f/7.1

Gary.

Ron Caswell
01-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Looks good Gary, Seems a touch warm on the WB but it does give it a warm look since it was so cold :)

Before I forget here is the link I was telling you and Randy about, Hope you read this Randy so you can view. http://www.wttw.com/main.taf?p=42,8,80&pid=A1hO97qcWo7ViDL_rWniVH2LakYxNa7J

Duane Noblick
01-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Great work on the exposure...very nice detail. Love the flared out wings and landing pose.

Randy Stout
01-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Gary:

Considering how bright it was, you handled the exposure well.
Like the flared primaries, asymmetrical foot pose.
Very impressive catchlight for a swan.

I can see a version without the brown strip at the top, but it does add a better sense of the place.

Cheers

Randy

Arthur Morris
01-09-2011, 03:39 PM
WB looks fine to me and so does the image. Wonderful whites and a great job of handling the bright, off angled light. The head turn helped a ton with the latter.

If the catchlight is entirely natural I would reduce the size; it looks huge. Love the wing position.

Gary Esman
01-09-2011, 04:01 PM
WB looks fine to me and so does the image. Wonderful whites and a great job of handling the bright, off angled light. The head turn helped a ton with the latter.

If the catchlight is entirely natural I would reduce the size; it looks huge. Love the wing position.

Thanks Artie, yes the catch light is natural. Here is a slightly smaller one and a little more
of a pano version.

Gary.

Arthur Morris
01-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks Gary. I love the stripless pano version. The highlight is now barely visible on the repost :) but I am sure it looks perfect on the optimized master file.

Jonathan Ashton
01-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Beautiful image I especially like the repost. If it were my shot I think I would reduce the highlights a little i suspect there may be a little more detail to be found and perhaps the area around the forewing would be just a little less bright.

Robert Amoruso
01-09-2011, 05:14 PM
I like the repost Gary. Removing the strip on the top was the way to go.

Chad Caswell
01-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Nice exposure and WB Gary, I like the last posted image as well, only thing that seems to bother me is the shadow, guess I wish it were all there instead of partial.

Chad

Terry Olmsted
01-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Hi Gary,
Your handling of the whites and overall exposure is impressive. Great pose and I do like your second crop best. Wonderful detail.:)
Terry

Gary Esman
01-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Gary:

Considering how bright it was, you handled the exposure well.
Like the flared primaries, asymmetrical foot pose.
Very impressive catchlight for a swan.

I can see a version without the brown strip at the top, but it does add a better sense of the place.

Cheers

Randy

Thanks Randy, you are correct on the pano version. That catch light is huge, saw it but
did not realize how huge it was till you said something.

Charles Scheffold
01-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Repost does it for me - love the title :)

Charles

James Salywoda
01-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Beautifully captured Gary nice wing position and excellent detail.