PDA

View Full Version : Pied Crow

Jonathan Ashton
01-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Canon 7D Canon 500 f5 L IS tripod, ISO400 1/1600 sec f6.3

These guys made terrific subjects either squabbling amongst themselves or the gulls. this one was just telling his pal to clear off - this was his fish head... and he was sharing it with nobody!

Arthur Morris
01-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Harsh light handled well. Cool bird and you are right: it is not letting go of that fish head. SH and COMP are good.

Robert Amoruso
01-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Jonathan, I agree with Artie's comments. I think getting low here would have been a good choice and given you that blue as a BG.

Jonathan Ashton
01-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Jonathan, I agree with Artie's comments. I think getting low here would have been a good choice and given you that blue as a BG.
Hi Robert - yes I agree you are quite right, I was walking along the beach and I did get down low for some shots (grey headed gulls caspian terns) but had to go higher for some pelicans flying past, this opportunity presented itself and I grabbed it quick time, I guess I didn't have the presence of mind as there was a lot of action - (as you will see in the nest submission).

Austin Thomas
01-10-2011, 01:32 PM
You have handled the conditions well Jon. Agree a lower POV would have helped which is easy to say from my armchair after the event !

Cheers

Austin