Focal Length = 105mm
Sensing Method = One-chip color area sensor
White Balance = Auto white balance
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 157mm
Lens = nikkor 105.0 mm f/2.8
Tripod and "strobela" used.

Steve Maxson
01-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Hi Adrian. Beautiful symmetry! Good job getting both butterflies in the same plane of focus. I like the even lighting produced by the flash - it looks very natural. Good background and the water droplets are a plus. You might consider a crop off the bottom to just above the light area on the stem to place even more emphasis on the butterflies. Very well done. :cheers:

Ken Childs
01-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Adrian, this is excellent! The symmetry here looks fantastic! Although this looks great as is, I might consider a slight contrast boost to get a bit more pop. Steve's suggestion of taking some off the bottom sounds good....if you do that you may also need to take a slice off the top to balance it out.

Are these mating or as your title suggests, just sharing the perch?

Allen Sparks
01-09-2011, 08:20 AM
wow - incredible capture of the two! wonderful symmetry and a rare catch... The composition works for me as is but I think the cropping suggestions offered would also be worth trying.

Adrian David
01-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Are these mating or as your title suggests, just sharing the perch?

Thank you, all, for your comments!
They are just sharing the perch for the night sleep...:)
The crop I've chose was for the composition. Did not look good to me, if it was tighter, because it was not square enough...

Jonathan Ashton
01-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Oh yes this is right up my street - lovely shot, great focus, accurate colours, & composition, and well maybe just maybe, lose a bit from the base and add a tad to the top.

Andrew McLachlan
01-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Adrian, this is a wonderful capture :cheers:

Julie Kenward
01-09-2011, 08:25 PM
I just have to chime in - what a beautiful image! My gosh, seeing two like this is amazing to me. Wonderful use of flash and great job getting them both in the focal plane. Very well done, Adrian!

Roman Kurywczak
01-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Hey Adrian,
Been too busy.....so finally catching up. This is fantastic. I might prefer the bottom crop......but super job all around!:cheers::cheers::cheers: