PDA

View Full Version : Look back

Todd Frost
01-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Last one of this guy. Giving a glance back as he is downing a vole. Great time with this guy, took a snowcoach trip in YNP.
D300, 400 2.8 w/1.4tc, 1/1000, f4, man exp, HH resting on knee.
Thanks for looking, comments and critiques appreciated.
Todd

Harshad Barve
01-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Todd
Very impressive image , I must say you have beautiful collection of YNP images , Big congrats :cheers::cheers::cheers:
TFS

Steve Kaluski
01-07-2011, 02:38 AM
Another lovely looking animal with attitude Todd, the look back really makes it.

Just a thought, but perhaps this has made it too clinical, but felt the 'snow' (?) falling was a little distracting. Also lightened in curves with a hint more sat +6 & moved the crop. Hope you don't mind. Done on the laptop as I am away so might not be spot on:D

TFS
Steve

noelle zaleski
01-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Wow Todd! He sure is making a point with that growling look and his teeth showing.

I really like this image :)

Eric Virkler
01-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Very nice image. The only thing I would have preferred to see is the coyote not quite so centered vertically in the frame. More in the lower third of the frame like Steve's repost. I think the oof grasses give a little character to the image.

Eric
Faces of Nature Photography
www.ericjvirkler.com (http://www.ericjvirkler.com)

Robert Amoruso
01-07-2011, 09:53 AM
I like the grass in the snow so would not remove it like Steve did.

You mention a snow coach. Do you have to make images from it? Does it stop so you can get out and shoot?

Todd Frost
01-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone, always appreciated.
Steve: the "falling snow" is actually grass stalks in the snow. For me as you mentioned the possibility, it does make it to sterile/static. I think sometimes we try to make our images to clean of what some may consider distracting. Sometimes it is ness other times not IMHO. As far as positioning, I am a lover fg elements, in this case I basically put his nose in the upper 1/3.
Robert: the snow coach stopped for us when ever an opp came along (within reason, have to be back on time). I'm sure it depends on guide and other pass just how much leway you get. I did some checking and you can rent the entire coach for the day w/guide and have alot more input (custom trip). Have a group of like minded photogs and you're good to go.
Thanks again everyone for the comments and Steve for the different perspective, it never hurts to take a look through others eyes :).

Todd

Rachel Hollander
01-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Todd - another great winter shot. Nice detail, look back pose and bared teeth. I would have perhaps moved it down in the frame but understand your preference for more fg.

TFS,
Rachel

Austin Thomas
01-07-2011, 02:49 PM
I like the position on the RHS and the great look back. Shows attitude.

I would remove some from the bottom or add some to the top to move it off the centre line.

Cheers

Austin

Todd Frost
01-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the comments Rachel and Austin, appreciated.
Todd

Dumay de Boulle
01-08-2011, 08:27 AM
I prefer the ist image and the removal of the OOF grass ( or wahtever it is) from the second (Steves) image...I think the pose and sharp detail are amazing...Nicely done Tod!

DanWalters
01-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Love the pose of the coyote and the open mouth. Like the way you cleaned up the image.

Joerg Rockenberger
01-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Great pose. I don't mind the grass stalks in the original but feel it could be a bit brighter. I like Steve's crop better. JR

Todd Frost
01-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks guys.

Todd