PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise on the Lake

Rob Mckenzie
01-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Still no good snow in Ottawa. If anyone wants to send a blizzard this way, that would be great. For now I am still dreaming of the summer lake.

As usual all cc welcome.

1/20sec @ f/10
300mm, ISO200, 0ev
Evaluative Metering, No Flash
Nikon D300, AF-S 70-300mm 4.5-5.6

Converted to B&W - played with levels.

Robert Amoruso
01-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Rob,

I am not one to complain about negative space in an image, but this is just not working for me.

Roman Kurywczak
01-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Hey Rob,
I'm leaning with Robert.......but I do think this one deserves a revisit in PP'ing. As it stands now....the image is overall dark/moody.....while I often like that, as presented it is a bit too much and not quite where I think this can go. I think the large black area needs a small hint of detail to pull the mood off....something lurking in the shadow......even if it is just shapes. I do think the platform is placed well in the scene.....but right now the large expanse of black just dominates the scene a bit too much. I think the direction is good.....just needs a bit more tweaking IMO.

Dave Mills
01-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Hi Rob, agree with above comments especially dealing with the amount of neg space. It's really more than necessary to convey the mood.

Robert Amoruso
01-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Rob, Roman and Dave brought up some good points I had not considered. That's why they are great moderators for this forum.

Daniel Cadieux
01-09-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm gonna agree with the others, but with my folks' having an easily accessible cottage nearby I like the summer-fun feeling this gives me...as I watch the newly snow-covered streets and lawns from the past few days' snow (I guess nature answered your call!)