PDA

View Full Version : Green Jay

Mack Hicks
01-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Gorgeous bird. Trying hard to get detail in the head. D700, 500 f/4
ISO 200 1/500 f/5.6, fill SB 600 BB M 1/16, matrix metering. PP LR3, about a third cropped out, global sharpening

I would prefer to clone out the morsel in the bill and part of the stump, but it is not allowed.

Randy Stout
01-06-2011, 08:38 AM
ISO 200 1/500 f/5.6, fill SB 600 BB M 1/16, matrix metering. PP LR3, about a third cropped out, global sharpening

I would prefer to clone out the morsel in the bill and part of the stump, but it is not allowed.

Mack:
You can remove elements, but should mention what was done. I like the morsel, but would def. consider removing the lower stump.

Give it a go, and you can repost the same image with the modifications in this same thread.

Randy

Gary Esman
01-06-2011, 07:29 PM

You are right Mack it is a gorgeous bird. I hope you do not mind I did a quick clone on the stump and sharpened him a little. Changed to lab color, hit on the lightness bar to only see the black and white version and then did a quick sharpen. Changed back to RGB color. Actually a pretty cool shot.

Mack Hicks
01-06-2011, 11:07 PM
I do like it better without the lower branch, but this photo is from a set for a photo contest that only allows global changes to the photo. You can crop out things, but cannot clone them out. I tend to use LR for most PP work but I am still struggling with PS. When I try to sharpen things a lot, they always look oversharpened, particularly when converting them back to jpegs. Do you usually just sharpen the jpeg rather than the RAW file?

Gary Esman
01-07-2011, 06:34 PM
I do like it better without the lower branch, but this photo is from a set for a photo contest that only allows global changes to the photo. You can crop out things, but cannot clone them out. I tend to use LR for most PP work but I am still struggling with PS. When I try to sharpen things a lot, they always look oversharpened, particularly when converting them back to jpegs. Do you usually just sharpen the jpeg rather than the RAW file?

Cropped and sharpened, You may want to take some time and learn photoshop. I do believe you have a lot more freedom to process your images.:) There are a lot of resources on line to help.