PDA

View Full Version : Son

Roman Kurywczak
01-05-2011, 10:46 PM
I realized a while ago.....that there were many poems written about daughters......but very few about sons......and how a father feels about them. This one I wrote a few months ago......wanting to wait until they were older. I realized that many fathers make that mistake......must be the man code....aka father/son code......sorry girls.....here's to two great boys!:cheers:

My Son

As I look back on life's grand trail
<o></o>Youth's brash words, tempered with age
All that I knew was swept away
That day I first held you, pretentiousness unveiled
Wondrous dreams I had envisioned for you
Quickly dispersed, my ignorance would show
Through the ups and downs of a father's travails
I held steadfast, to lessons long past
Comforted by wisdom as time so demands
Yet left to ponder, decisions I’ve made
Watching you grow from babe to young man
Difficult choices, I regret not one
Chest full of pride now you are grown
My greatest achievement is you, my son

denise ippolito
01-06-2011, 08:01 AM
Roman, It brought tears to my eyes. Knowing how much you love your family makes this is even more special. Very nicely done and thanks for sharing this lovely piece.:)

Julie Kenward
01-06-2011, 11:40 AM
That's two for tears...

Beautiful writing, Roman! Nice cadence throughout the entire piece.

From a grammatical standpoint you have several words that should be 's instead of just "s" life's, youth's, father's, etc.) but who cares amongst friends. If you decide to publish it you might want to make those corrections.

That last line did me in...I don't think there's a kid out there that wouldn't want to hear that. If this were mine, I'd save it for his graduation. :)

Roman Kurywczak
01-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Thanks Denise and Jules. Will make the fix! Thanks again and I hope this will hold true at graduation (from college!)! Let me know if I missed any!

Susan Candelario
01-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Ok... you just got your trio here. Profound & Beautiful & yes a tear jerker for me too.

noelle zaleski
01-11-2011, 04:11 AM
Roman, this is beautiful!

As the mother of three sons I can relate :)

Kerry Perkins
01-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Roman, this is very touching. Bless you for being such a good father.

Hilary Hann
03-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Roman, very beautiful. I just wish more fathers could do something like this for their sons. It would make the world a better place, letting boys see that their fathers have feelings, emotions and can express them … in public and private.