PDA

View Full Version : Sky over Ute

Bill Randall
01-05-2011, 02:16 PM
The sun sets behind Sleeping Ute Mt. this time of year.
ISO=400, f/20, 1/400 24-70mm at 42mm Canon 5d2

Dave Mills
01-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Hi Bill,The sky is definately adding alot to the images strength with enough bottom to give it a sense of place. Good starburst but the brightness and lit open area is a bit overpowering IMO. Wondering as the sun was setting further if it lit the whole sky. Sometimes they do and other times it peters out...

Roman Kurywczak
01-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Hey Bill,
These are always tough facing into the sun!......comp wise....I think you did an excellent job!......but I have to agree with Dave on the sun being a bit too blown out. Going to f22 or lowering the ISO1/3 or 2/3 could have made a big difference.....both in the sunburst and the flare control. This is a very fine line though.....and believe it or not......a foot or 2 can make a big difference when it comes to the flare and sunburst! For the futre attempts in the field....take this one....then move the camera around and you should visibly see a diiference in the viewfinder. Just some food for thought for the next time out in the field!

Robert Amoruso
01-06-2011, 07:09 AM
Good suggestion on the flare control Roman, thanks.

Daniel Cadieux
01-09-2011, 09:41 AM
The flared effect is indeed a it much (and great suggestions for your next time out), but I love the clouds you got here, and also the good comp. I wish the mountain was also a bit darker with the sun being behind it, and the foreground could use a bit of toning down IMO. This looks to be a very beautiful area!!