PDA

View Full Version : Long Tail gives me direction on the jetty

Chad Caswell
01-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Found this little girl grooming on the rocks, what a pleasure to see and get so many images of a duck I have never seen until this day. :)

I added some space to the front of her (maybe not enough) I would of liked a little more head turn, but remember, she was giving me directions :D:D I like the 3D effect the right wing gives the viewer in this one.

C&C always welcomed
Chad

Focal Length: 500.00 mm
Camera Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Exposure Time: 1/1250 sec
F-Number: f/5.6
Exposure Program: Manual
ISO Speed Rating: 400
Lens Aperture: f/5.6
Subject Distance: 9.34 m

Dumay de Boulle
01-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Vey good detail, like the moss and wing blur..Some whites on the neck look a bit hot. Some may find the 2 tone BG and tip of bill touching the feather a problem but no problem for me...I like it as presented!

annmpacheco
01-04-2011, 10:10 AM
She's a gem Chad, I like the old fashioned point of a direction rather than a GPS! wing blur Love the moss, she is sweet. How was the jetty to walk on? I hear it is treacherous and I will be there for my 1st time next week?

Stu Bowie
01-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Great close up Chad, and sharp where it counts. I do like your story to fit the posture, and maybe a tad more space on the right will work.

Chad Caswell
01-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Vey good detail, like the moss and wing blur..Some whites on the neck look a bit hot. Some may find the 2 tone BG and tip of bill touching the feather a problem but no problem for me...I like it as presented!

Thanks for the C&C Dumay, I'm not seeing the hot spots on the white, I will have another look at home, I had to go back to work today after 11 days off :(

Chad Caswell
01-04-2011, 10:30 AM
She's a gem Chad, I like the old fashioned point of a direction rather than a GPS! wing blur Love the moss, she is sweet. How was the jetty to walk on? I hear it is treacherous and I will be there for my 1st time next week?

Thank you kindly,

Glad you found it entertaining :)

Jetty was not bad at all, I had my GF 8 yr old boy along and he was amazing on the rocks, I will include a photo below showing the conditions and a few maybe familiar shooters too :)

Chris Kotze
01-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Nice title. Sharp and super detail and colours

denise ippolito
01-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Chad, Little Matty was adorable and he manged the rocks quite well. You don't often get these ducks on the rocks. Nice job. It's good that the bill didn't merge w/ the wing. I like the sharp details. Maybe a little tight in the frame. Nice job!:)

Brendan Dozier
01-04-2011, 10:18 PM
What a great expression. Very nice. I agree, creative title or caption adds to cute moment. Agree with more space on rt.

Dumay de Boulle
01-05-2011, 01:02 AM
Thanks for the C&C Dumay, I'm not seeing the hot spots on the white, I will have another look at home, I had to go back to work today after 11 days off :(

Ok cool Chad...Just looks on my monitor as it lacks a bit of detail on the back of the neck...But otherwise a really great image.

Hendri Venter
01-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Priceless pose.:) Great image Chad.