PDA

View Full Version : Early morning light

jack williamson
01-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Shot in the very early morning back in the spring. High iso and fast shutter because of wind

Nikon D300, 70-300 f4.5-5.6 @300mm, f8, 1/1250, iso640, hand held. ACR

Thanks for all comments.

Roman Kurywczak
01-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Hey Jack,
The DOF looks pretty good as does the depth of the colors in the flower and the BG. I would tighten this up a touch crop wise.....but that is often a personal choice. I do think the brownish area in the L should be smoothed out if you aren't against such things.....or reposition yourself in the field to avoid it! You may have been able to sacrifice some speed for a bit more DOF.....but not at the expense of the BG. If you have one....a reflector would also help in opening up the shadow area......even a piece of aluminum foil does work in a pinch! Just some thoughts to keep in mind for next time out! Well done overall!

Dave Leroy
01-03-2011, 11:13 PM
I really like the nice simple composition on this one.

I would take a bit off the top and left and like Romans idea of blending the brown area on the left.

Perhaps a bit more sharpening?

Well done.

Dave

jack williamson
01-04-2011, 07:06 AM
Thank you Roman and Dave. I was caught up in the glow of those yellow petals and failed to see the whole

comp but because of responses like yours I am learning to see through the lens more completely.

Jack

Ken Childs
01-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Hi Jack, Roman and Dave already covered the critique pretty well so I'll just add another "well done" and that I'm looking forward to more of your macro work. :)

Dave Woeller
01-04-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm enjoying this image also. I like Romans 'suggestion of a reflector for this shot to open up the shadowy areas a bit. Well done.

Steve Maxson
01-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Hi Jack. Good suggestions above from Roman and Dave for you to consider. You're on the right track -keep them coming! :)

Anita Bower
01-05-2011, 07:08 AM
Lovely lighting of this yellow flower. Nice smooth BG. Good suggestions above. I would crop is so the flower is more prominent. Looking forward to more!