PDA

View Full Version : Tigers who rocked me in 2010 #1 -B2

Harshad Barve
01-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Dear all

Wish you all Happy & Prosperous New Year

Presenting few special Tigers in this series who rocked me in 2010
Starting with Living Legend B2

B2 in Bandavgarh is also an extraordinary tiger. He has sired over 35 tigers, 90% of which lived to adulthood, an extraordinary high ratio itself thanks to the protection he has been able to afford his many lovers! The sizable majority of tigers living in Bandhavgarh today are his sons and daughters. As Head of the family business, B2 has been estimated to have earned US$30m over his 7 year reign in the Tala Tourism range.

7D , 300/f4, at f4 , ISO 400 , 1/125
All C & C are most welcome
Harshad

Todd Frost
01-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Truly an amazing capture Harshad, one of your finest IMHO. The comp, colors, pose and gaze of the tiger are outstanding. These guys are truly blessed to have an ambassador such as yourself working for them. Outstanding :cheers::cheers:
TFS
Todd

Robert Amoruso
01-03-2011, 10:06 AM
I like his look.

Harshad Barve
01-03-2011, 10:32 AM
I like his look.

I am not sure about such short comments :confused::confused::confused:

Steve Kaluski
01-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Harshad a few more years and I think you too might fall into B2's category. :D

I like the position you have taken here Harshad, with you being side on to the Tiger and him being on a diagonal. Does the expression convey a sense of 'I can't believe it' with the jaw slightly open? I also like the position in frame with a natural surroundings. Just be careful about the whites on the lhs of the face as we see it, it's just and no more and any more lightening and you might blow them. Does he still chase jeeps & elephants at times? :)

TFS
Steve :cheers:

Vivaldo Damilano
01-03-2011, 12:50 PM
I really like the way the tiger walks into the frame, it's definitely gives the suprise feel to it. I like the very low angle and like the open mouth... TFS

Stu Bowie
01-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Harshadbhai, you have shared so many wonderful images of these guys, and every one is unique. Good intense stare with a partially open mouth, with lots of space to walk into.

Morkel Erasmus
01-03-2011, 04:07 PM
surely a legend! I like the low angle here and the real sense of being in the jungle trying to make sure the massive tiger doesn't spot me. nice amount of space for him to "move into"

what is the wildlife board's stance on protecting the tigers against inbreeding if there are so many related to him in a single park?

Rachel Hollander
01-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Harshad - Happy New Year to you too! Well done. I like the comp and the pov. I wondered along the same lines as Morkel whether there is a concern about a weakening of the line due to inbreeding?

TFS,
Rachel

Harshad Barve
01-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Does he still chase jeeps & elephants at times? :)

I have never seen him charging vehicles or elephants

Harshad Barve
01-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Due to some small pockets where now a tigers roam you may find some inline breeding issues but not for all specimens ,