PDA

View Full Version : Goldeneye

Sivaprasad
01-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Here is a pic of Common Goldeneye flyby. These ducks fly quite fast, but had good light which helped with freezing the action. Taken with the 400mm f/5.6 lens.

1/4000, f/5.6, +2/3 EV, ISO 400
400mm + 50D

Thanks for looking.

Sivaprasad

http://birdsofthebay.com/img/s5/v4/p868074829-4.jpg

Randy Stout
01-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Sivaprasad:

Nice full down wing position, good angle in the frame, nice detail in the wings.
I think the eye could use just a bit more sharpening, not quite as crisp as the wings.
The whites on the back of neck and cheek patch aren't showing much detail. Might consider running a selection on those areas and using the multiply blend mode to tone them done just a bit.

Cheers

Randy

Doug Brown
01-02-2011, 06:10 PM
A really nice flight shot of a Goldeneye! Sharp, well exposed, good wing position, and slightly open bill. I like Randy's idea about the whites, and I'd consider toning down the specular highlights on the bill.

Don Lacy
01-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Nice wing position and I really like the open beak afgree with the others on the whites.

Sivaprasad
01-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Sivaprasad:

Nice full down wing position, good angle in the frame, nice detail in the wings.
I think the eye could use just a bit more sharpening, not quite as crisp as the wings.
The whites on the back of neck and cheek patch aren't showing much detail. Might consider running a selection on those areas and using the multiply blend mode to tone them done just a bit.

Cheers

Randy

Thanks much for your valuable input Randy. I tried your suggestion to tone the whites down a bit and it improved the image significantly.

Sivaprasad
01-02-2011, 11:34 PM
A really nice flight shot of a Goldeneye! Sharp, well exposed, good wing position, and slightly open bill. I like Randy's idea about the whites, and I'd consider toning down the specular highlights on the bill.

Thanks Doug. Yeah now that you mentioned it, I also notice the highlights on the bill to be bit brighter than desired. Thanks for the input.

Sivaprasad

Sivaprasad
01-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Nice wing position and I really like the open beak afgree with the others on the whites.

Thanks much Don.