PDA

View Full Version : Leaf

Dave Leroy
01-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Hanging by a thread so to speak.

50D, 100mm macro, 1/80, f5.6, ISO200

I debated a bit with myself about the oof parts of leaf and decided to post and see what the comments were. It is hard to bump dof and still get smooth bg in the field.

Dave

Aidan Briggs
01-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Hey Dave. The oof parts of the leaf are slightly distracting, but I do like the great detail and texture of the rest of the leaf. The color scheme and BG are also nice.

Keep them coming!

Julie Kenward
01-02-2011, 09:29 PM
I agree with Aidan - I do notice them but they aren't a dealbreaker. You might try to do some selective sharpening on the more OOF areas and see if you can get a little bit of that detail back.

Very nice comp on this one, Dave. You've got some nice diagonals going on with the leaf and the branch and the BG is nicely OOF while still having a little texture to look at.

Roman Kurywczak
01-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Hey Dave,
You nailed the simplicity on this one.....and I hope you can pull out some more sharpness out.....but try playing with the DOF next time out to see if you can keep the sharpness balance and a very nice BG! You are definitely on the right track!

Steve Maxson
01-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Hi Dave. I like the simple comp on this one. The leaf stands out nicely from the darker background and you have excellent sharpness within your DOF. The image would be stronger if the entire leaf was sharp, but the soft areas really don't bother me that much. :)

Anita Bower
01-05-2011, 05:21 AM
Lovely simplicity. Beautiful BG. You and others have commented on the less sharp area. I see leaves like this all winter, adding color and interest to an otherwise grey landscape.

Ken Childs
01-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Dave,

As Roman said, this is definitely on the right track! The BG, comp, light all look fantastic....a little more DOF and this would be over the top!