PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Goose landing

Gary Esman
01-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Great to see a couple hours of sunshine in Michigan! Taken yesterday at a local sanctuary. Not a whole lot of activity going on so took the opportunity to shoot some geese.

7D, f/8, 1/1250, iso 400, 500 + 1.4 TC, tripod,

Thanks appreciate the advise and comments!

Stu Bowie
01-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Gary, good landing posture with the swept back wings. Nicely separated from the water BG too. I feel this needs a touch of CCW rotation. Well captured.

Randy Stout
01-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Gary:

You apparently got all the sunshine. By the time I got there, clouds had rolled in. Might bit windy too!

Looks like that SW wind is holding him up here, made for some good landing poses.

Well exposed. Feet and wing root looks a bit sharper than head.

From a comp. standpoint, I like the repeating horizontal lines in the ice, background. Wish he was just a sliver lower in frame (no wingtip intersection with shoreline)

Cheers

Randy

Doug Brown
01-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Agree with the above suggestions Gary. Always nice to start the new year out with a little sunshine! I might darken the blacks of the a head just a little.

Chad Caswell
01-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Nice shot Gary, did you get any of the Mergansers? Ron said they were spotted out there.

Alan Lillich
01-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Sheese, where's the English Police for me to hide behind? You guys are forcing me to ask if Gary checked this Canada Goose's passport.