PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anniversary - BirdPhotographers.Net

James Shadle
01-01-2011, 11:11 PM
WOW! It's been three years since an intrepid group of professional nature photographers banded together to form BirdPhotographers.Net.

As veteran photography educators, the intrepid group that created BPN where well equipped to to handle any photography issue that could possibly arise.

In the beginning, as web server administrators and software developers that same intrepid group was a little over their heads.

So much for the third person narrative!

IMO as web server administrators and software developers we have become much more capable. We still have a few wrinkles to work out, however our forum security/spam prevention and forum speed/reliability are among the best of the best.

As veteran photography educators I think we have done a pretty dang good job!
Remember, we all can see the before and after images:).

Look at the images you first posted on BPN and compare them with your most recent images.
No we're not nitpicking, we're trying to help everyone(including Owners and Staff)become great photographers.

To each and every registered user/member thank you.

A very special thank you to those who support BPN by becoming paid members.
BPN is only possible because of your support. Every non-member owes you a thank you as well.

To the hard working BPN staff and partners, you have my deepest appreciation.

As of 01/01/2011 BirdPhotographers.Net has: Threads 72,713 Posts 600,224 Members 9,799

Three years online and we are still gathering steam. Yes Sir-Train kept a rollin'(and will keep a rollin':))

Stay tuned, some of the features mentioned in Denise Ippolito's interview of me will be online very soon! ( http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/content.php?81-JAMES-SHADLE-%E2%80%9CTHE-MAN-BEHIND-THE-BOAT%E2%80%9D-by-denise-ippolito)

We are continually working on ways to improve your BPN community experience.
Don't hesitate to PM me with concerns, comments or suggestions.

If you would like to become a BPN member follow this link (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/payments.php) For member benefits, follow this link.(http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/content.php?76-Membership-has-it-s-privileges (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/content.php?76-Membership-has-it-s-privileges)).

Rock On,
James

PS: To those who bet against us in your "death pool", sorry about your luck:p.

Doug Brown
01-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Happy anniversary BPN! Thanks to everyone for making this such a great site!

Sid Garige
01-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Happy anniversary:cheers::cheers:
Great job Mods and staff.

Harshad Barve
01-02-2011, 12:01 AM
Happy anniversary BPN :cheers::cheers::cheers:
This is THE finest forum if you want to learn and improve

Stu Bowie
01-02-2011, 02:20 AM
Happy Anniversary BPN. I have certainly learnt a lot during my stay here.

Ken Childs
01-02-2011, 10:34 AM
A big thanks to all of BPN's members! This is a wonderful community! :cheers:

It's hard to believe it's only been 1 year for me! I feel like I've known some of the Mods and Members for many years. :)

jack williamson
01-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Happy anniversary BPN. What a great site!

Manos Papadomanolakis
01-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Happy anniversary BPN!!!!!

Morkel Erasmus
01-02-2011, 05:35 PM
big up for BPN! congrats on achieving 3 years guys...let's keep making this the premier site for constructive critique and meaningful photographic dialogue...
:cheers:

Myer Bornstein
01-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Yea for three years Happy Anniversary. Keep up the excellent work :cheers::cheers:

Julie Kenward
01-02-2011, 08:33 PM
It's been an incredible three years and Ifeel so blessed to be a part of it! Rock on, BPN!

Kaustubh Deshpande
01-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Thx to all the moderators and fellow members and participants for making this such a wonderful place to hang out. Hard to imagine life without it :-)

Arthur Morris
01-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Yes, imagining life without BPN is hard to do. In the three years we have changed a ton and grown a lot more than that. And we have stayed the course: honest critiques done gentle in a friendly environment. The work of the mods and many of the members have provided a huge resource to the photographic community. I have learned a ton here and on many dozens of images have received great advice on improving the work of Mr. Famous Bird Photographer:

When folks disagree the mood for the most part remains friendly and respectful. Especially lately.

Here's to the next three!

Robert Amoruso
01-03-2011, 01:21 PM
I was just thinking this over the weekend. Three years and getting stronger every day.

In addition to our great moderators, our members deserve a lot of thanks for making this a first class nature photography site.

WAY TO GO!!

Daniel Cadieux
01-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Hard to believe its been three years already!! Ditto Artie and Robert...and thanks everyone for making this site what it is...the best online resource for bird/nature photography!!:)