PDA

View Full Version : Farewell to 2010!

Roman Kurywczak
12-31-2010, 11:35 AM
Here's wishing everyone here a Happy and Healthy 2011!!! I wanted to celebrate the incoming year with a star trail image of Old Faithful. When photographing star trails....you can't help but ponder the passage of time and "Old Faithful"...has stood vigil to countless new years......both turbulent and mundane and continues to perservere! 2010 was a tough year for many but yet was filled with many thrilling and exciting events for many of us. So here's to perservering and looking forward to what 2011 will bring!:cheers::cheers::cheers:
Canon 1D Mark lll with the 17-40mm lens at 17mm for just under 1 hour at f4 and ISO400. Moonlit and all tripod mounted with Graf Studioball head and buuble level in H/S.

Andrew McLachlan
12-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Another fine nightscape Roman. All the best to you in 2011! :cheers:

Dave Mills
12-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Hi Roman...there you go again...a new look to a well photographed subject. The star trails are very uniform and I like the fact that OF is blowing at an angle into the image. I also think the softly lit and colored foreground is a plus and adds alot to the image. Another minor point of interest is the small steam vents on the bottom left which are amplified due to the time exposure.
For this you get a :cheers::cheers::cheers:...just don't take it all at once! Happy New Year my friend...

Gary Hamilton
12-31-2010, 05:18 PM
This is an outstanding image, Roman. The plumes are sublime. I also like how you tied it into the New Year's/passage of time theme. :cheers: :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers: Thanks for all that you do to make BPN such a great community.

Robert Amoruso
01-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Happy New Year Roman. Great image to summon it in with.

Brendan Dozier
01-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Great image, and happy new year. I agree Dave, "a new look to a well photographed subject".
I like how the OF plume creates depth into the star trails.

denise ippolito
01-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Beautiful image to celebrate the New Year with. Well done as always!!:)

JB Ellis
01-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Very creative and well done. Having never shot star trails, I have a couple of questions. Did you provide any supplemental light for the foreground and was the one hour shot a single exposure or multiple ones combined? Thanks in advance for your reply. Again, a wonderful image.

Roman Kurywczak
01-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Hey JB,
I don't image stack. This is a single in camera exposure. Hopefully.....the e-book will be out shortly!

Morkel Erasmus
01-04-2011, 04:07 AM
simply stunning work Roman and all the best to you and yours for 2011!!

Eric Virkler
01-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Excellent shot Roman!! I avoid Old Faithful during my trips to Yellowstone due to the crowds. You've given me a new reason to go see it.

Eric
Faces of Nature Photography
www.ericjvirkler.com