PDA

View Full Version : Dusk Tree

Morkel Erasmus
12-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Captured this one on Monday evening after sunset on a local farm outside of town. You can just make out the moon peeking through the clouds. I dig the colours here, although you wouldn't say it's a typically "African" scene, I think that's what makes South Africa so unique - we've got so many different landscapes.

I posted my own personal "Top 10" nature images for 2010 on my blog tonight...would love for you to check it out:
http://saffascapes.blogspot.com/2010...-for-2010.html (http://saffascapes.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-top-10-for-2010.html)

Thanks for making BPN a "rocking" photo community, and for accepting me with open arms as a new mod! Love learning and growing with all of you.
Wishing everyone a wonderful 2011 filled with unbelievable photographic opportunities!

Techs:
Canon 7D with 10-22mm USM
f11 @ ISO-100
Blended 3 images together using Luminosity Masks

Dave Mills
12-31-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi Morkel, I also wish you and yours the best of everything this coming year. It's been great seeing your images over the past year. I like the fact that you are not afraid to try new things and experiment with light and subject matter.
Pertaining to the image the light and sky IMO are the 2 most compelling areas of interest. If this were mine I would crop the the top down to just below your name.
I feel in order to give this image more impact it needed stronger subject matter however you have created a pleasing mood...

Roman Kurywczak
12-31-2010, 10:56 AM
Hey Morkel,
Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family also!

I like Dave suggestion for the pano.....but the scene reminds me of the Everglades and the presentation you chose shows the vastness nicely.....with the awesome cloud! Peekd in on the blog too.....very nice stuff so keep up the great work!

Bob Malbon
12-31-2010, 11:31 AM
Morkel, I like the feel that the vastness and dark sky give this image. I would clone out the bit of moon, it draws my eyes to fast into infinity - Happy New Year! Bob <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Andrew McLachlan
12-31-2010, 03:14 PM
Hi Morkel, love the colors in this scene. Dave's crop suggestion is sort of what I was thinking - I would have liked to see the tree reaching closer to the top edge of the frame. Dave's crop suggestion will help with that. Happy New Year!

jack williamson
12-31-2010, 07:22 PM
I like the colors and the wide openess of this. It does look like the everglades. I think this would make a great

table of contents page in a nature magazine.

Morkel Erasmus
01-01-2011, 05:12 AM
thanks for the kind comments everyone...will have a look at that crop!

Robert Amoruso
01-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Great comments above Morkel. I love the mood too. I would correct the lens distortion/curvature of the horizon.

Great looking images on your blog. Your participation has been greatly appreciated here in Landscape and in Wildlife. Thank you.

Happy New Year!