PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Missouri River

Chris Starbuck
01-03-2008, 10:25 PM
December 15, 2007, during a moderate snowfall, at a bluff-top overlook in Weldon Spring Conservation Area, St. Charles County, MO

Canon 20D, Tamron 28-300 at 92mm, ISO 400, evaluative metering +1.3, Av, 1/20 at f/22

ACR: reduced noise, neutralized white balance, increased exposure +1
PSCS2: minor tweaks to black point & contrast, darkened background to bring back detail in the river's surface and the distant shoreline

Alfred Forns
01-04-2008, 11:18 AM
I like it Chris Strong composition Excellent placement of elements The road sure adds to the image Only think I can suggest and don't know if is possible is to see more to the left? I keep looking that way and wonder what is there !!!

Chris Starbuck
01-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Al,
Thanks for the compliments! The "road" is just the snow-covered river bank.:) The nearest road is about a mile behind the viewer.

Here's a wider view that shows more of what's to the left.

This image was also made December 15, 2007, during a moderate snowfall, at a bluff-top overlook in Weldon Spring Conservation Area, St. Charles County, MO. I went out that morning thinking I'd have the place to myself, since we already had about 4-5 inches on the ground and it was still snowing. About a dozen or so other people had the same idea. Out of sight, below the near cliff edge in the lower right, there's a climber on the rock face. His rope is visible in a couple places if you look very close. If I were going to print either of these I'd clone out the rope.

Canon 20D, Tamron 28-300 at 28mm, ISO 400, evaluative metering +0.7, Av, 1/25 at f/22

ACR: reduced noise, neutralized white balance, increased exposure +0.75
PSCS2: minor tweaks to black/white points & contrast; cropped slightly for composition
Chris