PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Summer.........Water lily in technicolor

Jay Sheinfield
12-30-2010, 04:14 PM
I took this earlier this summer as part of a series.............tried something different on this. Slight softening and low key color work to get a bit of mood. Otherwise cropped to frame.
I might take a bit off the right but I can't part with the water drops.............This may fall between this forum and OOTB, but I still like posting here..............OK to move.

Nikon d3s
f/16
1/25 sec
ISO 800
140mm

Comments pls.............

I'm still having upload sharpness problems, can't figure it out. The original is 2x- 3x sharper.

Dave Leroy
12-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Lovely photo and I like the horizontal crop.

In fact I might even take a tiny bit more from bottom.

I also think the right side water drops and leaf are a very nice feature of the photo and draw some attention from the more hectic tlc.
Photo looks pretty sharp to me.

Dave

Jay Sheinfield
12-30-2010, 05:16 PM
yup, I debate about the ULC, like the colors, but maybe too bright.................undecided on further cropping......

Jay Sheinfield
12-30-2010, 05:34 PM
try this.........cleaner ULC

Dave Leroy
12-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Lovely photo.

Amazing what that little touch did. It really simplified the whole photo.

Dave

Steve Maxson
12-31-2010, 01:23 PM
Hi Jay. I think your repost really improved the comp. The flower is nicely positioned and all the water drops are a big plus. The image looks acceptably sharp on my monitor. Well done. :)

Ken Childs
12-31-2010, 05:09 PM
Hi Jay, the OP looks good and the repost looks even better! You've got a great mix of colors and although it doesn't look tack sharp, I like it that way. It has a dreamy quality which fits your title perfectly. :)

Roman Kurywczak
12-31-2010, 06:05 PM
Hey Jay,
Repost puts this over the top! Outstanding!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Julie Kenward
01-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Jay the repost is definitely the version I like best. Might I suggest just a touch of CW rotation to even out the base of the flower? It's leaning a bit to the left and, although that might be how nature does it, I'd give it a quick straightening and see what you think.

Lovely colors and an orton-like feel really brings out the beauty of this one!

Brendan Dozier
01-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Oh man, very nice. Rich, lush colors. Everything been said.

Jay Sheinfield
01-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks everyone...........

Jules, wouldn't you know it, I did a CCW rotation.....!:) to put the flow a bit lower in the frame........I'll give the original another look. Thanks for the feedback.

Dave, great feedback on the ULC..............

kostas nianiopoulos
01-04-2011, 09:44 AM
for my taste is a verry good image , i like both of the images i like the colours and the special mood it gives