PDA

View Full Version : Another fave - Connecticut Warbler

Glenn Bartley
12-29-2010, 08:54 PM
When I spent some time in Riding Mountain NP in early June this species was on top of my want list. I was having no success finding them until a friendly birder gave me very precise directions to where he had found one the day before. As it turned out I was able to share a few locations with him as well and after sharing a pint we both walked away VERY excited to get out birding the next day. I love it when things all come together and you get the shot :)

Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D
Shutter speed: 1/320 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Flash: On
ISO: 800
Focal length: 500mm + 1.4x

Randy Stout
12-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Glenn:

Nice calling pose, sharp, well exposed.
I like the lichen on the perch, but it is a bit distracting as it runs out of DOF.

I might consider removing the little knot at the top of the perch at the bend. You could also crop it to eliminate that area, but it result in a pretty square image, and a little tight on the right.

Pays to talk with folks, lots of tips to be picked up>

Cheers

Randy

Don Lacy
12-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Hi Glen, Love the pose and detail captured, I think you could get away with cropping a little from the right if you wanted to lessen the presence of the perch in the frame.

Sid Garige
12-30-2010, 12:34 AM
Another Glenn's image. Fantastic as usual.

Pieter de Waal
12-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Hi Glen , I like the calling pose with good eye contact and the lovely sharp image of the Warbler.

Seyed Babak Musavi
12-31-2010, 02:28 AM
What a very nice shot Glenn I like singing pose and very nice BG and sharpness.
With best wishes in new year
Babak