PDA

View Full Version : A Quarter Of The Center

kostas nianiopoulos
12-29-2010, 08:05 AM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7931/aquarterofthecenter.jpg

a tini crop about 5% , clone tool , healing brush , levels , colour balance .

canon 50d
f16
1/64 (ex 430 II+diffuser on)
iso 400
EF USM IS 100MM MACRO L.

I wish you all the best for the holidays or the new year day , i don't know what are u wait for the new year i wish if there is god to bring it you . I don't wait for anything special , 2010 was disappointed for me i beleive 2011 it's goin to be the same .

thanks for watching .

Dave Leroy
12-29-2010, 07:06 PM
A lovely looking plant Kostas and includes the seasons colours as well.

The same good luck to you.

Dave

Julie Kenward
12-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Kostas, nice diagonal placement on the composition. The colors are beautiful and nicely saturated. I'd clip that LLC so the lighter green area doesn't show through and maybe take a tiny bit off the top.

I'm sorry 2010 was disappointing for you. It wasn't the world's best year for me, either, but I still wouldn't change a thing. Six years ago I was diagnosed with a pretty serious heart condition so every single day is precious to me - every moment is another chance to become the person I was meant to be. I say bring on 2011! Every time I get to the end of another year I stand back and laugh in the face of death. :cool::cool::cool:

Ken Childs
12-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Hey Kostas, I'm usually not big on corner compositions but I do like this one! The diagonal flow is just right, IMHO. Jules has some good suggestions that should take this one up a notch or 2. :)

Roman Kurywczak
12-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Hey Kostas,
Hope 2011 is more kind to you! I agree with Jules assesment so doing those tweaks will definitely take this up a notch!

kostas nianiopoulos
12-31-2010, 12:18 AM
Kostas, nice diagonal placement on the composition. The colors are beautiful and nicely saturated. I'd clip that LLC so the lighter green area doesn't show through and maybe take a tiny bit off the top.

I'm sorry 2010 was disappointing for you. It wasn't the world's best year for me, either, but I still wouldn't change a thing. Six years ago I was diagnosed with a pretty serious heart condition so every single day is precious to me - every moment is another chance to become the person I was meant to be. I say bring on 2011! Every time I get to the end of another year I stand back and laugh in the face of death. :cool::cool::cool:

To get diagnosed like this way is not so good news , and some times u have to live with that i wish you all the best for you and your health and your family , health is the best wish not only for you but for all the people take take care as much as u can Jules !

Steve Maxson
12-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Hi Kostas. I like the diagonal comp and you captured a nice mix of shapes and colors. The only things that catch my eye are the light green elements in the LLC (also mentioned by Jules) - I think the image would be stronger without them. :)

Anita Bower
01-05-2011, 05:04 AM
Nice composition. I like those little curvy green things, and the green tips. Agree with Jules about LLC. Wonderful colors. I love very close up images like this.

I hope 2011 will be a better year for you, and that you continue to participate in this forum and find photographic support and inspiration.