PDA

View Full Version : Eyes for me alone

Kenn Christensen
01-03-2008, 10:21 PM
This young fox was VERY close to me... but not very comfortable.... kept his eyes close upon me... with the 500mm IS F4 I was unable to do better than this to frame the image.. I regret the loss of the ears.. but at least I have the eyes....
handheld.. I was laying on the ground.. with the 1D MkIII

Mark Skarr
01-03-2008, 10:40 PM
The ears don't really bother me at all. It is nice to see the "open pupil" for a change. Sometimes fox images with the sun in their face (really constricted pupils) gives their eyes a really strange look. The super low angle makes this shot in my opinion!

Fabs Forns
01-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Hi Kenn,

I would have turned the lens for a vertical.

Great eye contact!!!

D. Robert Franz
01-04-2008, 08:49 AM
The eyes make the image. You could have created a vertical as Fabs says and that would have been great but this image is strong as is. Love the low angle. The OOF FG flowers remind me of a particular Art Wolfe image of a snowy owl nest.. You know about the ears so overall a fine capture...

Arthur Morris
01-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Boys and girls, let try to use "created" and "image" instead of "took" and "shot."

As Fabs suggested, this image should have been created in vertical format; it would have been far stronger. I do, however, love the eyes and the sharpness.

later and love,

artie

Kenn Christensen
01-04-2008, 10:46 AM
wow.. thanks everyone... I think way to often I just shoot landscape.. its the way I most often hold the camera... but in THIS position I really should have changed that... with me laying flat on the ground I got the most fox by shooting vertical.. and I never took even ONE!.. *sigh*... I was just so excited to have this going on all around me.. there were 3 fox kits and there were well aware of me.. they were wary but not really afraid.... at one point I got a nose print on my lens... now THAT would have been a great "creation" for someone else to have got!..... me on the ground.. with a 500mm and a fox sticking its head into the lens hood.... hilarious image right?

Jasper Doest
01-05-2008, 06:10 AM
I love the stare and I think that if you would have moved your camera a bit lower, showing more OOF vegetation this would have been an even better photograph. I really like the composition you've created with one of the legs still in frame.