PDA

View Full Version : The Poser..!!!

Sudhanshu Nafde
12-25-2010, 02:02 AM
http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAInLkgcm2r8Y8NqEwrg61BioiszZ9J58T3mMY7zI2ZoiKG d8GrgrxNdHYvYKKb5T8u-GD7aD5YXwhrRxRuMeHrEAm1T1UJVmARr-5HaEelNN_1ogJORLQqx5.jpg

Camera : Nikon p80
Macro mode on
f/stop: f/4.5
exposure: -0.3
Spot metering..

All C & C welcome... Hope you all like it and help me improving it much more....

Regards..
Sudhanshu...

Roman Kurywczak
12-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Hey Sudhanshu,
I'm a bit torn on this one.....while I like the colors and the BG.....I generally prefer more DOF, but this isn't the issue I have with this presentation......I think the OOF areas are more dominant than the butterfly that is in focus.......and even there.....only the one that has the tail end showing towards us that is whiter.....is the most out of place as it draws my attention. Having that one out would help somewhat.....but all in all there is too much OOF for my tastes.

Steve Maxson
12-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi Sudhanshu. Your central butterfly is nicely focused and I like the light fringe around the edge of its wings. Roman makes some good comments for you to consider. I would add that the comp would be better if the main butterfly wasn't so centered in the frame. You might consider cropping from the left almost up to your copyright symbol and you could also take some off the top. :) Keep them coming.

Julie Kenward
12-27-2010, 07:54 PM
Sudhanshu, try adding more light to the center area where the in focus insect is and then tone down the OOF ones by pulling down the midtone slider in levels and see if that draws more attention to the in focus butterfly. I like the thought here...just needs a little more tweaking.

Ken Childs
12-28-2010, 08:23 AM
Sudhanshu, the main subject looks good but I have to agree with Roman that the OOF butterflies are too prominent and distracting. Jules' suggestions are certainly worth looking at. If the other butterflies weren't in this shot, lightening up the one in focus would still be a good idea....especially around the head.

For future postings, I suggest that you put your signature near the edge of the frame....it's too distracting to have it so near the center. :)

Sudhanshu Nafde
12-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Thanks a lot everyone for stopping by... I'll take care of all the comments up here... :) thnaks for helping me out... cause even i was not getting actually what to do....

Regards..
Sudhanshu...