PDA

View Full Version : The Only Filter I Know....

Arthur Morris
12-23-2010, 09:54 PM
The original for this image was created last early spring on James Shadle's Hooptie Deux out at Alafia Banks. Fracted with Glow 100 and lots of tweaking.

I love the wonderful sense of community here in OOTB.

Hope that everyone enjoys the holiday season and has a great 2011. Hey, soon it will be 1/1/11!

Paul Lagasi
12-23-2010, 11:24 PM
It may be the only filter but its a good one...nicely done, Happy Holidays..

denise ippolito
12-24-2010, 07:28 AM
I like the pose and the filter. I like the way that the vegetation rendered, it has softened looks to parts of it. Nice clear eye. Happy Holidays to you and your family.:)

Dave Woeller
12-24-2010, 09:14 AM
I agree with Pauls comment (it's a good one). I also agree with you Artie on the sense of community here, but the spirit of helping and learning moves throughout this site. I have grown a ton by just reading and trying to absorb the help and knowledge given here. The Christmas spirit of giving lives year round on this site. No one should ever forget that. My 2 cents, and a very Merry Christmas to all.

Arthur Morris
12-24-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks for your kind words. I do not have time to visit many other forums besides Avian on a regular basis (though I wish that I did). To me, the sense of community here in OOTB is greater than in other Forums; just my gut feeling :)

Judy Howle
12-24-2010, 09:28 AM
This is a beautiful fract and the green vegetation has a Christmasy look. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and good things come your way in 2011. I've had so much fun and learned so much on this forum!

Arthur Morris
12-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks Judy :) And ditto.

Andrew McLachlan
12-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Love the effect of the filter on this one. The vegetation and perch turned out really well and the details brought back in the head are nicely done too!

All the best to you and your family at the holidays and in the New Year! :)

Cheryl Slechta
12-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Artie, I love the fract work! I hope you have a great Christmas and 2011. Thanks for sharing with us in OOTB:)

Arthur Morris
12-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Thanks again and best to all. Hey, I am editing Denise's killer "Guide to Creative Filters and Effects" and I came across the following: IMAGE>ADJUSTMENTS>INVERT.

I tried it with this Fract and was amazed. Denise's new guide will be the best yet; it is chock full of great techniques brought to life by her amazing creativity.

Kerry Perkins
12-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Hello Artie, and best holiday wishes to you. I love both of these and I hope to see you stretching your creative legs here in OOTB in the coming year!

Many thanks to you on both a community and personal level. For all you do, we love you! :)

Arthur Morris
12-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Thank you kind sir. I mentioned to someone yesterday that I wish that I could clone myself several times over :) The better to help more folks.... And still have time to get out and make a few images. It is cold and dark here on Long Island right now....