PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise at 40 Acre Lake Brazos Bend SP, Texas.

Jim Bridges
12-23-2010, 11:11 AM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> I made this in July of this year. I try to get a few sunrise images every year from the park before I go into the grassland prairie areas to shoot insects or wildflowers. On this morning there were a few clouds with color to work with...a nice way to start the day.

D80
AF 24/2.8D
Tripod
F: 16
SS: 5 sec.
metering: Spot
ISO: 100
Raw
PP with NX 2.

Robert Amoruso
12-23-2010, 05:04 PM
A very pleasing image Jim. I like the minimization of the FG and the colorful expansive sky.

Morkel Erasmus
12-23-2010, 05:26 PM
gorgeous colours here Jim!
maybe try and level the jetty as it gives the impression of the image being tilted? I know it might be straight based on the horizon - would just be interesting to see?

Dave Mills
12-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Hi Jim, Good comp with the pond adding a beautifully colored reflection. I also feel you handled the foreground well. Another way of looking at this would be to crop out the the pinkish upper cloud.

Roman Kurywczak
12-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Hey Jim, I too wish teh dock had a bit more seperatioin.....but the colors ar wonderful and I like how the rest of the comp flows. Agree with dave on exploring the crop......but just another nice option to have!

Jay Gould
12-24-2010, 12:08 AM
I learn so much from everyones' images and the comments. I download lots into LR to have a play based upon the comments. I would leave the level as is; I didn't like the look when the jetty is level and the horizon (I used the strip of sunlight on the water just below the trees) was not level.

I like it as is; however, this has definite pano possibilities cropping just above the tip of the diagonal red cloud.

Andrew McLachlan
12-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Jim, very nicely done. Agree with Dave on the crop to have an alternate version of this wonderful image!

Jim Bridges
12-25-2010, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone and as always some great ideas on how to help make it better...thanks a lot for the help!