PDA

View Full Version : As it's Christmas

Steve Kaluski
12-23-2010, 07:20 AM
I don't often post a Tiger image as there is to many excellent images already, however I can't remember if I have posted this one before, but if I have apologies.

This is another one of Harshads extended family, taken about 5.30pm at the back gates, just before they closed in Bandhavgarh, and boy, was that a rush to get back. Would welcome a name for this guy Harshad, he seemed in peak condition, you do look after you family very well, although he was a very warm cat as you can see. :D

Not an ideal format as a crop, but I was trying to move the focus point around into clear areas so as not to allow the focus point to lock onto the surrounding grasses.

Steve
MKIII 500f/4 1/400 f/4 ISO640 (HH, cropped on width FF height)

Levels, Curves, Saturation and minor USM

Brendan Dozier
12-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Beautiful tiger and image. Nice eyes, colors are so vibrant, texture of fur nice and sharp

Todd Frost
12-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Wonderful portrait Steve :cheers: I know you don't care for square crops but this works well here. Nice and crisp with with good color. Well done.
TFS
Todd

Robert Amoruso
12-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Wow, excellent image with an expressive face. I am glad you posted this one Steve.

Morkel Erasmus
12-23-2010, 04:53 PM
lovely details and pose Steve - I quite like the crop as presented...maybe a slight CW rotation to get the eyes and ears on the same "playing field"? :)

Danny J Brown
12-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Man, that is one striking image....razor sharp but still warm and fuzzy. Those teeth look scary. Awesome shot!

DB

Rachel Hollander
12-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Steve - great image with nice detail and sharpness. Nice head on look.

TFS,
Rachel

Stu Bowie
12-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Hi Steve, excellent detail and colours on the head. Pops nicely from the rest of the body.

Andrew Aveley
12-24-2010, 04:35 PM
really superb IQ !

Harshad Barve
12-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Excellent image , Love the pose and great details too,
This kid's Mother is Sidhbaba female and B2 is father and was called as CHABANA
TFS

Kirk Adams
12-26-2010, 12:50 AM
Nice angle. Slightly oversharpened. I see cloning remnants around his left ear, that twig that is going behind the ear (and disappearing). The whites on the chest appear blown. Bottom left has something going on as well..hmm, some bright/soft-blur patches near the corner.:o
Beautiful animal, isn't it ?

Kirk

Grant Atkinson
12-26-2010, 01:24 AM
Hi Steve, very nice tiger portrait, like the detail, colours and the ear position, as well as open jaw. Crop works okay on this one. I am still impressed by the images posted on BPN by all the folk who are taking pics in national parks where one is limited by the road for vehicle positioning, and sometimes competing with other vehicles for position. I have mentioned that when commenting on some of Harshads posts as well. Well done with that..
cheers
Grant

Steve Kaluski
12-26-2010, 03:45 AM
Thanks Harshad, appreciate the ID and info.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment.

Steve

Tom Redd
12-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Beautiful animal and beautiful image. A small detail, I might have liked a hair more canvas below the cat and to the right - if that was possible, but that is a VERY minor detail and I may be the only one that feels that way. Congrats on a nice image, maybe one day I can get something even half as nice.

philperry
12-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Super pose Steve and great details in the face. Love the whisker detail. Well done in the failing light.

Hendri Venter
01-05-2011, 01:01 AM
One mighty fine image Steve. The IQ outstanding as mentioned.