PDA

View Full Version : Come just a little bit closer...

Brendan Dozier
12-21-2010, 03:37 PM
In photo caravan at wildlife park, late afternoon. Started shooting and she just just locked in on me - “how bout you come just a little bit closer” That was the first time I had been that close, could feel the intensity of her gaze. Excited to get shot, but glad we moved along quickly.

Canon 7D, 70-200 L IS II with Ext 2x II
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/125
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 1600
Lens EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2.0x
Focal Length 360.0mm

Todd Frost
12-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Nice head on stare. Would love to have more room below for her paws. A bit more sharpening on her face if it will take it.
TFS
Todd

DanWalters
12-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Great eye contact. Would like to see a little more room on the bottom.

Brendan Dozier
12-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks for your feedback guys, I agree, need more room below.

Morkel Erasmus
12-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Hi Brendan

more room below noted - as well as apparent sharpness...
it also looks a tad underexposed to me, maybe try to lift it using curves or levels.

where exactly was this taken?

Brendan Dozier
12-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Thanks for your feedback Morkel, I will play with the levels and see what I can do. It was getting dark out at the time so ISO was high. I am still learning how to do sharpening properly.
This was a photo caravan at the San Diego Zoo's Safari Park (formerly the San Diego Wild Animal Park) this month.

I like the B&W shot of the two lions on your website and the ones of the Kingfisher too - very nice.

Hilary Hann
12-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Agree with previous comments. Nice head on, intense stare but some room for her front paws would have added to the composition. Sharpness not quite there but I like the background and the soft feathery grasses are quite pleasant. She looks kind of woolly, as if she is living in a colder climate than the lions I'm used to seeing so would also be interested to know which wildlife park she is in.

Robert Amoruso
12-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Good comments above including more room on bottom and sharpening.

Rachel Hollander
12-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Brendan - Nice head on view and some very good advice above.

TFS,
Rachel

Harshad Barve
12-22-2010, 04:24 AM
You gotta love this , With great suggestions above this can be improved much
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays
TFS

Stu Bowie
12-22-2010, 07:57 AM
Good advice from above. I like the intense stare, and she looks pretty powerful.

Brendan Dozier
12-25-2010, 02:39 AM
Ok, here's her loveliness once again with recommended changes.
Added to bottom, sharpened, and raised exp. a bit. Also, I was a pretty heavy handed with tone and color adjustments with the first one so I started from scratch and eased up.
I think it looks much better.

Be careful, she will entrance you with her hypnotic stare!

Happy Holidays!