canon 50d
f16
1/250 (430 ex II+umbrella diffuser on)
iso 100
EF USM IS 100MM MACRO L.

thanks for watching

Ken Childs
12-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Hey Kostas, you've got a cool little flower and a very interesting comp in this one. The whites of the flower look a bit off to me, that is assuming this is a white flower. If this were mine, I'd works on those whites to try and get them whiter....probably with curves and would also crop some from the left and the bottom.

Jerry van Dijk
12-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Hi Kostas, I agree with Ken on the whites. I think it is because there is still a lot of shadow on the petals, despite the flash. I like the positioning in the frame. I would clone out the one hair sticking into the frame in the UR corner.

Dave Leroy
12-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Nicely done Kostas.

I really like the compostion and might also look at a bit off the left.

I am wondering if I am seeing some remnants of pp'n. Particularly near bottom of the petals on right and a bit further to the right as well.

Steve Maxson
12-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Hi Kostas. This is an interesting little flower. It stands out well against the black and is very sharp. I like the comp, but here is another vote to take a little off the left so the flower is less centered. :)

Roman Kurywczak
12-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Hey Kostas,
Great advice given above! Remember that when you use the single flash...even with the diffuser, sometimes the shadow side still needs a bit more. A reflector or any shiny/reflective surface will work to help that out. The suggested tweaks will take this up a notch but just remember to keep the reflector in mind when working the subject!