PDA

View Full Version : Persian gazell

Seyed Babak Musavi
12-21-2010, 11:01 AM
captured in shirahmad protected area in NE of Iran 1 month ago , 1 male 2 female of Gazella subguturusa , I hope like it. Canon 600 mlm f4 , Canon 7d f7.1 1.1000 iso400
With best wishes
Babak

http://www.iranianwildlife.com/gallery/data/media/4/J-_New-Folder-2_Untitled-2q11.jpg

Todd Frost
12-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Nice image of the gazelle. I like the reflections but the image seems a bit unbalanced to me. Techs look good. Nice color and sharpness.
TFS
Todd

DanWalters
12-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Great color and I really like the reflection. Maybe it needs just a little rotation.

Robert Amoruso
12-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Seems like the rotation suggestion is a good one to me. Strong. Light handled well with the deepest shadows on the ground.

Hilary Hann
12-21-2010, 06:06 PM
What gorgeous antelope! Visually it feels like it does need some rotation, but that could be the effect of the water's edge and bank sloping as there is no horizon for guidance. Sometimes in these situations one needs to go with the gut feel of it.
I agree that it does feel a bit unbalanced and I have had the same problem when photographing animals and reflections. Whilst the reflection itself is superb, it really does overpower the delicate looking gazelle. My opinion is that sometimes, getting a lower perspective so that the reflection is compressed somewhat, will counter balance the main subject and not overpower it. I hope I have explained myself and not muddled everyone! :o

Rachel Hollander
12-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Agree about the rotation. I like the reflections.

TFS,
Rachel

Harshad Barve
12-22-2010, 04:28 AM
Lovely image and great advise above , any chance of sighting Asiatic Cheetah in Iran ?
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays
TFS

Hendri Venter
12-22-2010, 04:57 AM
Def need a CCW rotation here. Nice antelope, never seen one before. The reflections looks very nice.

Seyed Babak Musavi
12-22-2010, 06:50 AM
[QUOTE=Harshad Barve;611302]Lovely image and great advise above , any chance of sighting Asiatic Cheetah in Iran ?
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays

Dear Harshad
Thanks for your comment , you have very few chance that you can see this species in in wild field but in Myandasht protected area in NE of Iran , we have a big fence place area that there are 1 asiatic cheeta in this area , best area for sighting this species is Khartouran national park
With best wishes in new year
Babak

Marc Mol
12-22-2010, 07:38 AM
Image not showing up now Seyed??

Seyed Babak Musavi
12-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Dear Mark
Sorry for this problem
http://www.iranianwildlife.com/gallery/data/media/3/J-_New-Folder-2_Untitled-2q11.jpg

Morkel Erasmus
12-24-2010, 12:00 AM
nice drinking pose here Seyed
agree on the rotation - the best way to gauge with reflection shots is to line specific points of the reflections up with their corresponding points on the animals. These have to be aligned in a straight vertical line.

would have liked a tad more space on the left