PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise, East Gator Creek Road, MINWR

Robert Amoruso
12-20-2010, 07:17 AM
Sunrise, East Gator Creek Road, Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge (MINWR)

Created last year after Christmas. I am working on a project and having an opportunity to look at images I created but never edited until now.

Canon 5D Mark II
24-105mm @ 24mm
1/3 sec, f/10
Mode: Av
Metering: Evaluative
AEB comp: -1
ISO: 200

Exposures bracketed and this is the one I chose to work with.

Tim Munsey
12-20-2010, 10:08 AM
A beautiful sunrise, would love to have been there, may have my first trip to America next year.

Tim

Dave Mills
12-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Hi Robert, A sunrise you don't see very often. The strength of the clouds,color and reflection really make this a high impact image. Nice one!!

Roman Kurywczak
12-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Colors are fantastic! You sure do get the most out of the Florida landscapes!!! I'll have to let you try my Darryl Benson reverse grad ND filter from Singh Ray........perfect toy for your horizons down there to give you even more possibilities! I hope we finally get to meet when I'm down there in a few days!

Andrew McLachlan
12-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Hi Robert, very well composed, I love the colors. Nice amount of sky and water, a well placed horizon.

Jay Gould
12-21-2010, 10:40 PM
Outstanding colors and composition; I think it needs a drop, just a drop, of CCW.

Robert Amoruso
12-22-2010, 06:27 AM
Outstanding colors and composition; I think it needs a drop, just a drop, of CCW.

To level the Mangrove line yes, but the tripod was plumb to earth as I am always very careful when I do a scenic.

So the question is, which way is right Jay. Thanks for commenting.

Jay Gould
12-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Hi Bob, I think the answer is: what ever floats your boat!

I am assuming that the "tripod was plumb to the earth" and the camera was with a bubble level completely square too; nevertheless, if it were mine I would square the Mangrove line because in my gut it doesn't feel right. If it feels right to you that is all that matters.

At the end of the day your are teacher and I am the student.

Stephen Feingold
12-25-2010, 06:41 AM
The off level feeling is probably an optical delusion due to the horizon vegetation being higher on the port side.

Myer Bornstein
12-25-2010, 07:26 AM
Robert
Excellent sunrise, looking at the picture there is an illusion of the horizon line curving toward the center. probably an effect of the lens. saying that I like it draws my eye to the center