PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Cubs ! Play Time

Harshad Barve
12-20-2010, 04:30 AM
Dear all

Created this image in Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve , Cloudy conditions and these cubs were enjoying water after tough 5 month summer.

This one is for Ian

7D , 300/f4 at f5 , 1/200 ISO 400 , beanbag 70% of FF

All C & C are most welcome
Harshad

Ian Cassell
12-20-2010, 12:43 PM
This one is for Ian

:)

Wow, Harshad, this is another spectacular one. I really get the playful sense as I look at it! I might be tempted to trim a bit off the top as the greenery on the far bank is a bit distracting to my eye. Is that one on the left eating veggies?

Richard Stern
12-20-2010, 02:50 PM
I agree - an excellent image that really captures the action well. You lucky guy - we missed them earlier this year at Ranthambhore.

Richard

John Chardine
12-20-2010, 08:39 PM
What an experience to actually witness this, live!

The eye contact of the righthand animal is great and I don't mind that I can't see the lefthand animal's face. I would crop a little from the right to better balance the image, and remove the little green thingy front and centre.

Jay Gould
12-20-2010, 08:45 PM
I agree with John's comments.

I know you can't; however, when you are shooting this playful cats, don't you just want to jump in and play with them?

Your beautiful image gives us a sense of the moment.

TFS

Harshad Barve
12-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Thanks everyone , much appreciated

:)

Is that one on the left eating veggies?

They were play fighting for Sal leaf , will post another image in which fight ' subject ' is dominant

Julie Kenward
12-20-2010, 09:20 PM
You really are witnessing some incredible stuff, Harshad! My goodness!!! Love the stance of both animals and the play fighting makes for a great behavioral image. I'd also crop in a bit to rebalance and get rid of the green stuff on the right.

Desmond Chan
12-22-2010, 02:28 PM
It would be nice to see the faces of the tiger cubs, imo :p Composition-wise, I would cut some of the bottom off. If I were to leave the grasses there, I would de-saturate and reduce their brightness somewhat.