PDA

View Full Version : Kubu dawn

Vincent Grafhorst
03-17-2008, 06:41 AM
I created this image several months ago in one of my favorite places.
I gave the post-processing another go and am much happier with it but was wondering if it does not look a bit too saturated?

Kubu Island, Makgadikgadi Pans, Botswana.

Canon EOS 30D
Sigma 10-20 @ 10mm
blended 3 different exposure (30s, 10s and 2.5s)
f/11
iso 100
tripod, remote, MLU

Vincent Grafhorst
www.khwaiphotography.com (http://www.khwaiphotography.com)

Rob Miner
03-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Hey Vincent,

Love your photo. As I do not have an idea of your purpose for the photo, it is hard to give you a critique. If it is to hang on the wall at home or office I think you could answer your own question by printing this photo as large as you can and hang it where you live. You soon will have your answer. If it is for publication in a futuristic mag - do not change a thing. Viewed your Internet site - good work.

Rob.............

Peregrine Craig Nash
03-17-2008, 01:00 PM
I like it but feel it is sloping to the left. I also visited your site and have recommended your site recently on my blog.

Paul Pagano
03-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Other than perhaps a quick straighten, I think it's nice. Then again, I like high color shots. Others prefer a 'truer' color. I wouldn't say it's over saturated just yet. It looks to me as if you used some ND Grad filters on this shot...

Chris Ober
03-17-2008, 09:20 PM
This is pretty sweet. Apart from the leveling, I wish more of the far tree was visible in the sky.

Vincent Grafhorst
03-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Thanks guys, don't know how I could have missed that tilt, normally I always check any shot taken with a wide angle lens with the lens distortion filter....:o. It was out by 0.45 degrees.

Robert Amoruso
03-18-2008, 02:26 PM
Other then the tilt Vincent, I think this is a killer image and would not change it. My only nit is the lower right rock that is protruding into the frame.

Roman Kurywczak
03-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Hey Vincent,
Nits on horizon covered........change nothing else. Outstanding,
Roman