PDA

View Full Version : World in Focus travel photo contest finalist

Gary Hamilton
12-19-2010, 12:31 PM
From the "Shameless Self-Promotion" department :D, I am pleased to announce that one of my nature images was recently selected as a finalist in the PDN World in Focus travel photo contest. The judges have not yet announced the top prize winners among the 38 finalists. I'm not sure about the protocol on posting the image prior to final judging and the announcement of the big winners, so I will leave it out for now--besides, I don't want to jinx my chances. I'm really thrilled just to make the finalist stage. This is my first big contest success. At worst, I will win a B & H gift certificate (although my wife will tell you I've already spent it several times over--LOL!!!)

P.S. I would appreciate any advice on the propriety of posting the image at this time for this particular contest.

David Stephens
12-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Congrats. Please give us a link when the organizers post finalists or results.

You probably didn't grant an exclusive license when you entered the contest, but I agree with the concept of not jinxing yourself.

Rob Miner
12-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Congratulations Gary on your success.

Rob........

Roger Clark
12-20-2010, 10:57 PM
Gary,
Congratulations!

It is fine to wait until the winners are announced. The contest rules should specify what you can do with your own image. I assume by entering you were not giving them exclusive rights, and if not then you can use and display the image too.

Roger

Harshad Barve
12-20-2010, 11:40 PM
Congratulations Gary

annmpacheco
12-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Hey Gary, Big news and glad you are sharing it here with our BPN community. Congratulations and keep us posted on the final results, and the prize! Ann

Charles Glatzer
12-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Congrats Gary ;)

Chas

Robert Amoruso
12-22-2010, 06:36 AM
Good to hear Gary. No problem tooting your own horn.:)

Gary Hamilton
12-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks to all for your kind words. I'll keep you posted when the judges announce the big prize winners.

denise ippolito
12-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Congratulations Gary :)

Gary Hamilton
02-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Here is my image that was chosen as a finalist in the PDN World in Focus Contest.