PDA

View Full Version : Reflection

Steve Wheeler
03-17-2008, 06:32 AM
Taken on a small lake in a local city park approaching sunset last Friday after work. Not exotic or glamorous, but I thought the image turned out pretty good myself.

As always your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Steve

40D & 600 f.4 (non-IS) w/1.4x, ISO 1250, f5.6 @ 1/1250
Tripod mounted

David Hemmings
03-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Great light in this shot Steve, love the water dripping from the beak. I am not so fond of the reflection because of the ripple effect. I would also clone the dark wing just behind the base of the neck, might look good cropped to a horizontal without the reflection too.

Manos Papadomanolakis
03-17-2008, 10:48 AM
I Iike the colors,light and eye contact,I would prefer a bit more sharpening

Steve Wheeler
03-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Thank you guys for your comments.

I tell ya... and this is a GOOD THING... This is a tough crowd!

Thanks again!

Steve

Leroy Laverman
03-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Hi Steve - a nice moment captured. Couldn't resist fiddling with this one some. Added some more water on the right and some more duck on the left, cropped, sharpened and brought up the blues some as well. Just a rough edit but I think you get the idea.

Leroy Laverman
03-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Hi Steve - a nice moment captured. Couldn't resist fiddling with this one some. Added some more water on the right and some more duck on the left, cropped, sharpened and brought up the blues some as well. Just a rough edit but I think you get the idea.

Gus Cobos
03-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Hey Steve,
I love it the way it is. Fantastic, love the colors and the reflection. Everything comes together very nicely...:)

BIG CONGRATS...:D:D:D

Gus...:cool:

Steve Wheeler
03-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Thank you Gus... I kinda like it the way it is too.

Leroy... I appreciate your efforts here... This was a bit of a crop so I could play with the framing a little more.

Thank you all again

Steve