PDA

View Full Version : Sunset on Lake Macquarie

Colin Driscoll
12-18-2010, 03:34 PM
This is a 3 shot vertical format horizontal pano created in CS3. Corrected distortion and cropped.
50D Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L II USM @ 35 1/60 f10 -2/3ev iso160

Robert Amoruso
12-19-2010, 06:57 AM
Colin,

That is one spectacular sky and you captured it well. You limited the water and the boat adds scale an an additional FG interest,

Normally, I would suggest that the boost needs to be more right in the frame but in this case I am enjoying it where you placed it.

Dave Mills
12-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Beautiful and dramatic sky! The first thing I noticed after the sky was the boat placement.
I felt it was weighted too far to the left.I moved the boat further into the comp( a lousy job) to better show the balance. I also took a small bit off the right...

Andrew McLachlan
12-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Colin, that is one beautiful sky. Excellent choice to shoot the series of images in vertical orientation to capture all that sky. Agree with Dave on the placement of the boat. Like where Dave placed it in the repost.

Colin Driscoll
12-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the responses. My choice of boat location was because the subject was the sky not the boat. For me the boat at the far left balanced the darkness at the far right. Thanks for the suggestion Dave.

Roman Kurywczak
12-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Hey Colin,
Been too busy ......so a little late to the party! I agreed with the above comments on the wonderful sky and the boat placement. I wouldn't have too much of an issue with it......if the boat was facing the other way!.......as presented it leads me out of the frame.......facing the other way I feel your location wouuld work to balance......but as presented I would go with the move. These suggestions are just some thoughts to keep in mind when out in the field.......with that wonderful sky, worth trying many perspectives!

Jay Gould
12-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Been there; have seen similar.

This is magnificent!!

I like where the boat is as the sky is the story. I would trim the RHS where Dave trimmed to remove the black.