PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bull

Harshad Barve
12-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Dear all

This image is created in Bandhavgarh NP with D300 , 600mm, ISO 100 , beanbag , FF
Once upon a time , in Bandhavgarh these Blue bulls were in good numbers and was top on Tigers menus. Over a period tigers enjoyed them so much that now there is not a single animal in Bandhavgarh. In 2009 , I have seen last Blue Bull there

All C & C are most welcome
Harshad

Kirk Adams
12-17-2010, 01:44 AM
Great image, I have never seen a picture of this species on BPN. Your collection of wildlife/birds is just too unique. Harshad, thanks for sharing such beautiful variety with us all.

I feel like joining you on one of your India/Africa trips in 2012

Ken Watkins
12-17-2010, 02:19 AM
Harshad,

You have me puzzled, I am now trying to remember where I saw Blue Bull, must have been Panna.

This is presumably a youngster, should the skin be a little darker?

Grant Atkinson
12-17-2010, 03:39 AM
Hi Harshad, nice shot of an interesting animal. I would perhaps like a tiny bit more space below for the blue bulls feet if you have it though i see you wrote FF on your info. Like the sharpness, the light on the animals face, and the gold grass habitat.
I saw one of these animals (are they also called nilgai) in the buffer zone around Bandhavgarh in March 2009
TFS
Grant

Harshad Barve
12-17-2010, 03:41 AM
Harshad,

You have me puzzled, I am now trying to remember where I saw Blue Bull, must have been Panna.

May be but in 2005 they were in Bandhavgarh too

This is presumably a youngster, should the skin be a little darker?

Yes , very true

Harshad Barve
12-17-2010, 03:43 AM
I saw one of these animals (are they also called nilgai) in the buffer zone around Bandhavgarh in March 2009
TFS
Grant

Correct , They also called as Nilgai and now you can find them in buffer zone only , Main Tala & Magadhi zone don't have any more Nilgai aka Blue Bull

Steve Kaluski
12-17-2010, 04:50 AM
Hi Harshad, nice rich colours on this and with Grant on having more at the foot of the image, if you could move the crop down about a third then that would have been good. I also lik the ears being in different positions, alert.

Didn't see any Nilgai in Band, but saw some at Rant with Dickie. :)

TFS
Steve :cheers:

Marc Mol
12-17-2010, 05:55 AM
Great first up posting of this species Harshad, love the lighting and attentive pose.
TFS

Rachel Hollander
12-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Harshad - I like the pose and the surrounding environment is pleasing.

TFS this interesting animal,
Rachel

Todd Frost
12-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Nice first look at this animal for us Harshad. Agree with more room below would have been nice. Exposed well and good sharpness.
Well done.
TFS
Todd

Austin Thomas
12-17-2010, 02:18 PM
tfs this Harshad,

I have not seen one before.

Agree that the crop needs changing to move him off centre and add some foot space at the bottom.

Nice tones throughout.

Cheers

Austin

Hilary Hann
12-17-2010, 10:09 PM
Thought I'd already posted on this thread, but obviously not! Very nice to see some of India's other interesting wildlife. Like the golden colours of the grasses and the textures throughout. Good one.

Danny J Brown
12-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Always nice to see your excellent work on different species, Harshad. Beautiful shot with great surroundings.

DB

Steve Canuel
12-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Like the pose and habitat of this one Harshad. The grass has a nice glow and detail to i.t