PDA

View Full Version : Tickell's Blue Flycatcher

RAM MALLYA
12-16-2010, 02:41 AM
One of my favorites in Flycatchers. Shot this is low light .

Shutter speed 1/80
Aperture F/4
ISO 800
Lens 600MM L IS USM
Camera body 1D Mark II N
Tripod mounted

C&C welcome

santhosh kumar
12-16-2010, 05:52 AM
super clarity,classic image

Stu Bowie
12-16-2010, 05:58 AM
Ram, I like the colours on the little guy, and showing good feather detail too. I just find the OOF BG, a tad busy. Maybe a vertical crop would eliminate some of the OOF branches on the RHS.

Craig Brelsford
12-16-2010, 06:13 AM
Maybe a vertical crop would eliminate some of the OOF branches on the RHS.

Stu, isn't Ram's shot already a vertical crop?

Stu Bowie
12-16-2010, 07:21 AM
Stu, isn't Ram's shot already a vertical crop?

Craig, Yep, it is a vertical.:confused: I was too busy looking at the BG, that I didnt notice the crop. All I was thinking about was trying to eliminate some of the OOG BG on the RHS. Cheers.

Dan Busby
12-16-2010, 08:56 AM
RAM - great detail and sharpness for your shutter speed! A beautiful little bird nicely captured under low light. I too find the BG distracting. Maybe this would be a case where some habitat removal would be justified if your personal guidelines would permit :)

Eric Wilmot
12-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Nice little fellow you got there. Nice detail too. Another vote for some clean up if it's ok for you :).

Especially the branch that touches the bird's breast.

Pieter de Waal
12-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Hi Ram , great shot of this lovely little fellow. Nice eye contact and feather detail. Most have mentioned the background which is a little distracting but can be fixed.

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Ram, excellent sharp details. Distracting FG-BG already mentioned...but I know these guys are hard to get out in the open. Very beautiful indeed...and they have one of the best calls. I will always associate that call with the monsoon and my childhood days of wandering in the jungles with a binoc around the neck and a field guide in the backpack.

As presented, I feel that there is a little extra negative space at the top that can go.

RAM MALLYA
12-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Thanx everybody for the comments . Regarding cloning the busy BG i am not very good at it i tried doing it but there were some traces remaining after the work .