PDA

View Full Version : The Gut - alternate view

Andrew McLachlan
12-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Here is an image taken up stream from the photo posted a little while ago. This is on the Crowe River in Ontario's Kawartha Highlands.

Nikon D200
12-24 @ 12mm
ISO 100
Nikon Polarizer

Look forward to comments.

Tim Munsey
12-15-2010, 03:22 AM
Hi Andrew,
I like the composition of this one and the great feeling of motion.

Tim

Dave Mills
12-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi Andrew, You took this at an interesting angle and it appears well thought out. I like the fact that part of the falls is used as a foreground with a good view of the balance. My eye then goes down the river with just enough green foliage framing the bank.
The only thing I might have wished for is a bit more room on the left(not much).......

Roman Kurywczak
12-16-2010, 10:59 AM
Hey Andrew,
I like the way the falls are framed! Flow is perfect for me and like DAve.....if you have it, a touch more room left. I have studied the LR.....looks like a bit of glare.......so I eyed a bit of a crop....just about the leaf (then clean it up)......more to a pano. This emphasizes the curve and falls more for me.....and I prefer that orientation. Overall......very nicely done!

Andrew McLachlan
12-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Much thanks for the comments. Appreciate them very much. No crop applied to this post so no room on left. Should have swung the camera a tad further to the left. Will try to tone down the LR glare otherwise crop some of it out. Wanted to aim camera higher to eliminate it, but white skies above trees became problematic. Thanks again guys.

Jay Gould
12-17-2010, 02:22 AM
How interesting the different reactions. I too would crop except that I would crop from the top.

I would crop down just far enough to remove the white limb holding the golden leaves. That would put color in the URC without the offensive white limb.

Since I have no problem recreating scenes for the sake of art, disclosure of course, I would clone out the little leaf in the center of the picture. I don't think it adds to the story and it keep grabbing my eye. it is light against dark and the contrast grabs your eye.

While I am undecided about the first leaf in the LRHC, I would definitely remove it and see how the removal changes the image; depending upon reaction I might put it back.

Now that WE :D have remade your image, I really like it!

Robert Amoruso
12-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Andrew, not much more to add to the above except to confirm that I agree with more room on left comment.