PDA

View Full Version : Driftwood

Dave Leroy
12-14-2010, 06:51 PM
These logs and bits and pieces would have been blown up over the years during winter storms and high tides.
The photo was taken just after sunrise on a frosty morning so a combination of cool blue light and some warmer morning light as well.

50D, 17/40, 1/40, f11, ISO800, Av +1 1/3

Dave

Jay Gould
12-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Dave, very interesting approach!

I think you have to rework the top so that nothing is cut in half.

You might crop down to the first dark log and then use some tools to remove the stump etc.

Dave Mills
12-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Hi Dave, agree with Jay's idea regarding a crop but I might take it down to the 2nd darkest log.
I like the lighting along with the frost. The image has a nice feel to it but is lacking a true center of interest.
I might have tried to isolate a log or two with some frosty grass if that was possible....

Dave Leroy
12-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks guys. I'll have a look at a different crop or cleaning up the top edge.

Ya I know what you mean Dave. I see all these nice soft colours around me and yet need to find a more meaningful way of showing them off.

Dave

Roman Kurywczak
12-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Hey Dave,
I agree with a crop off the top as per Dave Mills suggestion. Yeah.....center of interest would be nice.....but the contrast of warm and cool tones is very nice. May tweak some of shadow areas a bit.....but the soft light works very nicely.

Robert Amoruso
12-17-2010, 01:25 PM
I third the crop Dave suggests. I like the use of directional lighting to bring out the details here.