PDA

View Full Version : Great Egret but foreground weeds

Hotspur
03-16-2008, 07:41 PM
1/2000, f8.0, ISO 200, Canon 100-400 @ 400, Canon 40D

The water's too blue, but the biggest problem is the foreground weeds. I imported into Lightroom, made some adjustments, then sent to PS CS2 to try to eliminate the weeds with Clone Tool. I realize Art would probably use the Quick Mask, but I did not see what area I would clone.

When it came back to Lightroom the histo had shifted way right, blowing out the bird completely. I noticed the default from LR is to export in TIFF, ProPhoto color space. I tried sRGB, same results. What gives?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Alfred Forns
03-17-2008, 03:39 AM
Big Welcome !!!!

There will not be a shift when moving from LR to PS or the other way Would go back and re check? Normally you want to start in LR then export the imae to PS From there if you want to post save for web

Terrific action Love the pose and catch The water didn't help you much Not very clean Would straighten with CCW rotation Sharp and well exposed !!!

btw if you could send me your name will be doing the member update Trying to have all members with full names Thanks !!! Will be back on line at the end of they day At the IPT now!!!

Nonda Surratt
03-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Secong the big welcome,

I also love the action and the great color, Alfred covered the rest.

Oscar Zangroniz
03-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Great action, very sharp.
Congrats,

Leroy Laverman
03-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Great catch (for you and the bird). Sometimes the colors look shifted when switching between lightroom and photoshop because the backgrounds are not the same. Lightroom has dark menues and makes bright areas appear much brighter than they really are. As an experiment try viewing the same image with an all white background, an all black background and a midtone gray.

This image is truly lunch on the run. :)

LeeOtsubo
03-19-2008, 09:30 AM
If you mean the out of focus weeds to the bottom right, Robert O'Toole's QM technique will "Q"uickly take care of those. Note that I wasn't particularly artful with this photo. I did this in about 30 seconds. If I had taken my time, it might have taken 90 seconds. :D

BTW, cool action. May I suggest the title, "Mine! All mine!"

ps - The blueness of the water may simply be the reflection of the sky.