PDA

View Full Version : Hole through my heart

Jay Sheinfield
12-11-2010, 12:30 PM
You can laugh it's ok :). There are two leaves on the branch, but you can only see the background yellow leaf through the hole in the foreground leaf (which looked heart-shaped to me).............I turned the background dark blue, by accident, liked it and left it..........didn't crop the upper stem, but could have just as well, rather, I darkened it. Small crop to 4x5.

I also like it as a vertical crop.......what think?

Just for fun:).

Aidan Briggs
12-11-2010, 02:43 PM
I like the dark BG and light coming through the leaves. I agree that the blue works well. I think this image would work with, or without the stem. The two black spots on the leaf are distracting IMO.

Looking forward to more!!

Anita Bower
12-12-2010, 05:38 AM
Why would we laugh? Perfect title! Well seen; well captured; well processed. It's fun when something unexpected happens in pp and it is just what we want! :-) I love the little curl at the tip of the leaf and the glowing colors. This crop works; or, since I like tight crops, a tighter one, either keeping these proportions or making it a landscape. The black spots don't bother me. Nice!

Ken Childs
12-12-2010, 07:28 AM
OK....I'm laughing! :D I do like it, however.

The colors turned out well and IMHO, those black spots add interest. I'm definitely in the vertical crop camp.

Anita Bower
12-12-2010, 07:37 AM
You men! :2eyes2: If a woman had posted a photo with that title, no one would laugh. It is OK to be emotional! :)

Ken Childs
12-12-2010, 08:11 AM
You men! :2eyes2: If a woman had posted a photo with that title, no one would laugh. It is OK to be emotional! :)
If a woman had posted this shot with that title, I still would have laughed but no one would have known I did. :D

Anita Bower
12-12-2010, 08:28 AM
If a woman had posted this shot with that title, I still would have laughed but no one would have known I did. :D

Fair enough!!! :p

Jay Sheinfield
12-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Thanks folks........

Glad it got a few smiles...................I agree on the vertical comp, Ken.
Speaking of men vs women.........
I'm going back to the football game, after which I plan to cut down a few trees
in the backyard...and then watch the triple crown match royale of "Ultimate Fighting".
May have a couple of brews, and a plug or two...........

Julie Kenward
12-12-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm laughing at all of you laughing at each other! Too funny!

Love the OP and the recrop both. I think the title is perfect for this one! Love the deep, intense colors and don't mind the black spots as they give us the new with the old - perfect!

Steve Maxson
12-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Hi Jay. A very cool image - and no laughing on this end. :) The title fits this perfectly, and I like the tight vertical comp in Ken's repost. Well done.

Roman Kurywczak
12-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Hey Jay,
I'm getting a good laugh at the comments!!! Nice to see that we're having a bit of fun in here! Love the dark mood and overall look of this. I'm loving the vert even more than the OP.....but both work nicely. I did originally wonder about lightening the stems a touch.....just a touch.......but this one has a great look and mood to it. Very nicely done :cheers::cheers::cheers:!