PDA

View Full Version : Dusky Sunbird

Lorant Voros
12-11-2010, 05:27 AM
There was a magical moment during our trip to Namibia, when in Etosha we stopped our car to look at some wildlife. One moment we realized we were surrounded by little Dusky Sunbirds even landing on our car; they were like little fairies :-). It lasted for about a minute, than they moved on.

1DMKIII
500mm + 1.4TC
ISO400
F:8
1/500
handheld from the car

Grant Atkinson
12-11-2010, 05:44 AM
Hi Lorant, this looks good for me. Like the composition, the pose of the bird, sharpness and the acacia thorn that it is perched on. You also have a wonderful complimentary BG. Would it be a possibility to selective add a little more contrast to the bird itself, just to make the colours and tones a bit more punchy
Small birds like this are tough to shoot, specially sunbirds, as I find they never sit still for more than a few seconds at most..well done
Cheers
Grant

Arthur Morris
12-11-2010, 07:20 AM
Sweet bird, perch, pose, and BKGR. I could go for a bit more room above and toning down of the bright whites in the thorns. And maybe eliminating the two thin stems that can be seen between the bird's legs....

Joerg Rockenberger
12-12-2010, 01:06 AM
I think the sharpness, background, pose and exposure of the bird are all great. Agree with AM to tone down the branches a bit. JR

Peter Farrell
12-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Great pose, perch, BG, sharpness and comp. I agree with eliminating selective parts of the perch.
Awsome looking bird. TFS!
Peter

Pieter de Waal
12-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Lovely sharp image of this little Sunbird Lorant and an amazing story to go with it,TFS. Agree with a little more room above.