PDA

View Full Version : Wren

Kasra.Ha
12-11-2010, 05:07 AM
Canon 500D, 400 f 5.6, 1/800 sec, f 5.6, iso 400, Handheld

http://kasra1817.persiangig.com/image/Wern10.jpg (http://www.persiangig.com)

Thanks for looking, and as always C&C welcomed and encouraged.

Randy Stout
12-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Kasra:

Soft background, perky wren pose, good head angle,exposure ( I might tone down the brightest spot just under the wing)

The bird is a little soft overall, esp. noticeable on the eye, which is the most critical spot to be sharp.

It is an interesting perch, but I wish he was a bit more exposed (the rump not blocked)

Look forward to more

Cheers

Randy

Arthur Morris
12-11-2010, 07:24 AM
Good work above by Randy. It would have been great had the bird jumped up on top of the rock so that the belly of the bird were not totally blocked. Also, with the bird angled towards us the head needs to be on at least close to straight; here it is actually turned away from the line of the body and thus looks as if it is a bit turned away from us....

Where was the bird photographed and what was the situation?

MohsenVahedipour
12-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Dear Kasra,
Cute bird with lovely pose. I like the composition & background too.

Kasra.Ha
12-12-2010, 01:36 AM
Good work above by Randy. It would have been great had the bird jumped up on top of the rock so that the belly of the bird were not totally blocked. Also, with the bird angled towards us the head needs to be on at least close to straight; here it is actually turned away from the line of the body and thus looks as if it is a bit turned away from us....

Where was the bird photographed and what was the situation?

Thanks for your kind comments. This photo was taken in Jamshidieh, public park in north of Tehran. In Jamshidieh, song Bird's photography is much harder than other places, Because it's very uncommon to setup a hide in this place. We used "calling technique" to attract this cute song bird. Thank's so much for your cooperative behavior Mr. Wren!

Arthur Morris
12-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks Kasra. You had me fooled. I thought that it was our House Wren. Bad luck that the bird did not land on the top of the rock.