PDA

View Full Version : Viera Fog

Trish Fahner
01-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Shot12/28/07 early morning. One of my last shots for the year

Nikon D300 60mm /F7.1 1/1250

http://trishfahnerphoto.smugmug.com/photos/239369687-L.jpg

*Jason , here is a link (http://trishfahnerphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/349688/1/239394936/Large)to the re cropped shot..

Jason Hahn
01-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Very tranquil image, I really like the mood in this, you can almost feel the mist in the air. Not sure if it was possible where you were shooting, but I would like to see the whole image panned to the left, placing the palm snag nearer the right edge of the frame, and the bird on the right vertical third of the image. I really like the use of BW in the scene, and would like to see it without the bird as centered in the frame.

Jason

Trish Fahner
01-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Jason, thanks for you input here. See my original post for link to re crop

Gayle Clement
01-04-2008, 10:36 AM
I really like the mood here and the variety of plant textures and birds. I would crop somewhere between the two crops, moving the egret off of center but still giving a little room to the last object on the far right.

Robert Amoruso
01-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Trish,

I went and looked at the re-crop; and I think Gayle's suggestion may further strengthen the image. Nice job on the re-cropping. I might take a bit more of the top as well.

Below I have posted a cropped version of the original using the rule of thirds and left a grid on the image.

With the good eye that you showed here, you demonstrate that excellent landscape images can be created almost everyplace you look. Thanks for posting.

Terry Eddington
01-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Trish, an excellent example of having a great landscape without a killer sunrise or sunset full of color. Very moody. I prefer the composition in the cropped version as I thought the same thing on my first view.

Trish Fahner
01-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks Gayle. I shot this so that I had room around the photo to try different crops. When taking the shot I just couldn't decide how I wanted it to look. Thanks for the suggestion, and as always I am open for other eyes to see what I may miss.

Trish Fahner
01-04-2008, 02:22 PM
Trish,

I went and looked at the re-crop; and I think Gayle's suggestion may further strengthen the image. Nice job on the re-cropping. I might take a bit more of the top as well.

Below I have posted a cropped version of the original using the rule of thirds and left a grid on the image.

With the good eye that you showed here, you demonstrate that excellent landscape images can be created almost everyplace you look. Thanks for posting.

Thanks so much Robert!
I knew if I posted this I would have some great suggestions.
I was just not seeing it.

Thanks again for your help and example of the crop. I like it and finally feel settled enough to print. I really appreciate your comment and help with this shot!

I love "moody" shots and don't get the opportunity here in FL to capture often enough.