PDA

View Full Version : glow-worm (lampyris sp)

Humberto Ramos
12-10-2010, 05:22 PM

CANON EOS 7D
Sigma 150mm f2.8 APO Macro EX DG HSM
Flash: CANON 580 EX II + Yongnuo 560

Exif:
1/20
f/16
ISO 800
Center-Weighted Average
150 mm

Equipamento:

Steve Maxson
12-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Hi Humberto. This is an interesting insect - it looks very prehistoric! You have good sharpness, exposure, DOF, and a pleasing background. I also like the diagonal comp of the leaf. I would wish that the curled leaf edge wasn't blocking our view of the glowworm's abdomen. Maybe a slightly higher shooting angle would have given a better view. :) Overall, this is well done.

Jay Sheinfield
12-11-2010, 12:40 PM
I like it...............same comments as Steve. I might desaturate the hot-pink on the leaf, as it pulls my eye away from the cool insect. Great BG and coloring......................

Ken Childs
12-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Hey Humberto, adding to what Steve and Jay already said, I would clone out the tiny white spots on the back edge of the leaf. Nice work overall! :)

Julie Kenward
12-12-2010, 12:46 PM
That is one cool looking insect! I love the hot pink of the leaf but I'm a sucker for bright colors. I bet there was an awesome head on view to this as well...would love to see that if you have it.

Agree that the abdomen being hidden by the leaf isn't the best angle but it still works for me as we can see enough of the insect to fill in the rest in our minds. Very nice close up!

Roman Kurywczak
12-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Hey Humberto,
Agree with the excellent advice given above. I do wonder if you could brighten the abdomen a touch just to give it a bit more impact......but nicely done overall!