PDA

View Full Version : BBC TV coverage including a 3 minute video

Austin Thomas
12-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Hi all,

Just to let you know that I featured on the BBC TV recently here in the UK. It was only broadcast locally so I doubt anyone on this forum would have seen it live.

I was contacted by the BBC earlier this year and asked if I would be interested to do some video work when I next visited Kenya. The video was intended to complement some of my photographic images from Kenya, that you can see in the birds and wildlife forums of this site.

I didn’t have to think too long before accepting but I did have to start reading some manuals and the DSLR video section on this forum as I had no prior experience of video work.

The local BBC team and their news and weather presenter Dianne Oxberry visited my home and started to gather some material. I was suitably briefed and tasked to record some stills and videos from this years trip to the Masai Mara.

The resulting 3 minute video can be found HERE (http://www.austin-thomas.co.uk/blog/?p=587)

Considering the scraps of video that I supplied, it is amazing how polished the final version looks by comparison.

Enjoy

Austin

Andrew Merwin
12-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Thanks Austin. That was enjoyable. Congratulations on being featured & having your wonderful images broadcast throughout the UK.

Jim Buescher
12-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Congratulations. Wonderful video and story with fantastic images. TFS

Steve Kaluski
12-09-2010, 03:06 PM
'Hey up lad', sorry Austin, meant to reply sooner, but thanks for the heads-up.

A good and informative little piece to camera. :cheers: Do I detect an 800mm coming soon? Big congrats Austin on this one.

Steve
BTW Back up north tomorrow so catch up soon. :)

Austin Thomas
12-09-2010, 03:23 PM
'Hey up lad', sorry Austin, meant to reply sooner, but thanks for the heads-up.

A good and informative little piece to camera. :cheers: Do I detect an 800mm coming soon? Big congrats Austin on this one.

Steve
BTW Back up north tomorrow so catch up soon. :)

Thanks all,

I am glad you liked the video.

Steve,

The 800mm might come from the US as it looks to be the cheapest option when comparing the Sterling and USD prices.

Cheers

Austin

Jamie Strickland
12-09-2010, 07:54 PM
congrats, well put together video I though, some great shots in there

Rachel Hollander
12-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Austin - Congrats and well deserved profile.

Rachel

Harshad Barve
12-09-2010, 11:04 PM
big congrats and well deserved

Bill Jobes
12-09-2010, 11:06 PM
It's wonderful to be recognized that way, Austin. Well-deserved !

Some of your images are very moving. The elephants at the top of your blog, and the galloping stallions are among my favorites.

Daniel Cadieux
12-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Awesome stuff Austin!! Great video...I'm sure you were pretty stoked about this:)

Austin Thomas
12-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Awesome stuff Austin!! Great video...I'm sure you were pretty stoked about this:)

Thanks all,

@ Daniel.

I was quietly pleased but my mother was absolutely delighted ! The BBC to my mothers generation is the pinnacle !

Cheers

Austin

Lorant Voros
12-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Nice video, great photos and well deserved recongition.