PDA

View Full Version : More Snow Berries

Dave Leroy
12-08-2010, 11:03 PM
A bit different bg and look this time. The same frost though.

50D, 70/200 at 169mm, 1/320, f5.6, ISO200.

Perhaps a bit too plain. It seems to me a bit different when posted, but could also be me.

Dave

Ken Childs
12-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Hi Dave, the frost on the berries looks cool (no pun intended :D) and I really like the BG. There are a few things that I think could be done in PP that would improve this. If there was less space on the right, the stem was entering the frame closer to the LRC and the berries were closer to the UL ROT position, I think you'd have a better comp. Overall this looks just a tiny bit too bright so a small adjustment with SH is in order and I also think this could use another round of sharpening to help showcase that frost. A few easy fixes will make this one shine!

OvidiuCavasdan
12-09-2010, 02:43 PM
I might be tempted to crop from top and right, I like the colors and BG.

Steve Maxson
12-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Hi Dave. I like the frost on the white berries, the background, and the light. The cropping suggestions above got me to thinking about the comp and I did a quick rotate and crop for you to consider. :) This is subjective, and I think there are a number of other comps that would also work well here - so go ahead and experiment. Well done.

Dave Leroy
12-10-2010, 12:04 AM
I had also prepared this option, which is quite close to Steve's crop suggestion.

I was not sure if this was a bit too much.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

Dave

Anita Bower
12-10-2010, 05:40 AM
Nice colors and simple composition. Lovely frost! Pleasing colors and blur in the BG. I like Steve's crop best. I think the slight rotation helps the composition. Looking forward to more.

Dave Leroy
12-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Thanks Anita.

Steve's is a little longer and straighter and berries not quite as "in your face" as mine.

Much appreciated.

Dave

Anita Bower
12-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Thanks Anita.

Steve's is a little longer and straighter and berries not quite as "in your face" as mine.

Much appreciated.

Dave

If the berries were perfect, I would prefer your repost.

Roman Kurywczak
12-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Hey Dave,
Nice job with the suggestions. As Steve mentioned....many choices and options with the crop......but I do prefer your version of crop and rotation. Glad to see you took thesuggested tweaks and made a nice improvement ot the overall image!