PDA

View Full Version : New Version of Canon DPP

Joel Eade
12-08-2010, 08:24 PM
This was an old RAW file from last year taken with my 40D that I converted using DPP and the new unsharp mask feature ... it seemed to do a very good job ... comparable to photoshop at least in this example.

Julie Brown
12-11-2010, 10:14 PM
This looks great! You did this only with DPP?

Joel Eade
12-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Yes, I was pleasantly surprised how well it did. The base image was already pretty good and didn't need extensive work.

Lana Hays
12-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Joel
It looks very good. Nice detail, good exposure and natural coloration. I used to use Capture One but I've been using DPP now for the last 2 years or so and am quite pleased with the results. Every once in a while I'll try ACR or Capture One when I can't seem to "get it right" but that's usually the exception....not the rule.

Robert Amoruso
12-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Those are good results. Thanks for posting this image and letting people know DPP is a viable option.

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Joel, I have also started using the USM in DPP more and more these days. It provides nice extra control compared to the sharpness 1,2,3,4...settings. The downside is a little extra noise...so I dont use the method on shots that are already noisy.....but on clean images, it works out very well.

Ray Rozema
12-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Very good results. Pardon my ignorance what is DPP?

Thankyou
Ray

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Very good results. Pardon my ignorance what is DPP?

Thankyou
Ray

Digital Photo Professional. Its the RAW converter that Canon makes and ship with all DSLRs. Can be downloaded as well. Very simple to use and free.