PDA

View Full Version : Bosque Kudos to Gary Rouleau

Arthur Morris
12-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Here is what I wrote about Gary in the Bosque Site Guide 2010 Update:

"My November 2010 IPT visit was a fabulous one. Bosque Open Windows superstar, Gary “The Animal” Rouleau, brought political pressure to bear on the refuge management team after the disastrous 2009 no corn season. There was lots of corn in 2010. Kudos to the refuge staff for getting the refuge in great shape for this winter."

Gary was part of the first Open Windows volunteer group that I set up three years ago I think. From the start, it was obvious that Gary was a strong and tireless worker. We quickly nicknamed him "The Animal." I worked with the first group and I can tell you that it was the hardest physical labor that I have ever done. I do hope to return next year to help. Steve Garner is right up there with Gary and has also been there three years in a row.

The crew this year was quite small and I am hoping that Gary will allow me to try and line up some new folks for next year's group.

With his off the refuge behind the scenes work Gary is pretty much responsible for the great conditions at Bosque this year.

Thank you Gary for your tireless efforts.

Doug Brown
12-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Way to go Gary!

denise ippolito
12-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Great work Gary!!!:)

Myer Bornstein
12-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Yes the condtions were great Thanks and Kudos :)

Nancy Bell
12-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Your efforts are very much appreciated!! This year was my 1st to Bosque and it was great.

Joerg Rockenberger
12-08-2010, 10:51 PM
I second that. Thanks Gary for the great work.

And it was nice chatting with you in Bosque. Hint: I am the Physical Chemist from Germany... :)

JR

Katie Rupp
12-08-2010, 11:48 PM
It's nice to see this appreciation/recognition for Gary. Having shared good times with him in Costa Rica during Doug Brown and Greg Basco's wonderful workshops, I can verify that he is an exceptionally nice person. Way to go, Gary!

Dan Brown
12-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Congrats on this recognition Gary! I hope to see the fruits of your labor some day!

Robert Amoruso
12-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Good work Gary thanks. Just sorry I was not able to make it this year and enjoy the benefits of your work.

gary rouleau
12-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Thank you everyone but I can't take all the credit. Steve Garner and Jerry Stevens are the best and hardest workers I've ever met and had the pleasure to work with. Along with them there is Debbie Stevens who broke her wrist last year in one of the ditches and couldn't work this year, replacing her this year was Carolyn Garner, and every year Kathleen Hilley and her son Christian Cho whom never question my sanity. These wonderful people make any hard job a simple joy. Working with them and knowing them has enriched my life and made the Bosque a very special place to me.

Gary

Don Hamilton Jr.
12-27-2010, 07:35 AM
Gary, perhaps for the folks that haven't been to Bosque yet, you could shed some light on the work you folks are doing. The public should know what your needs are, and what you are doing! Thks for stepping up, and making Bosque a better place; along with the entire crew of folks that are making it happen!
Don