PDA

View Full Version : Snow, Snow, Snow

Andrew McLachlan
12-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Well, it has been snowing here since Sunday and is still snowing. I did manage to get out today for a few fresh images. Here is one from the Holland River, located about 15 minutes from my home.

Nikon D200
80-400 VR lens @ 160mm (effective 240mm)
ISO 200
f16 @ 1/60 sec.

Look forward to comments.

Dave Mills
12-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Hi Andrew, I like the fact you captured detail in the snow also using the river as a LL. For my taste I like images that are simpler and I find the trees in the backround are very busy with no place for the eye to rest.
I took the image into PS and played with it and found there is a slight bluish caste to the image...

Valerio Tarone
12-09-2010, 01:51 PM
hi Andrew I, in part, agree with Dave:the image has two parts:the upper,the lowest. In this case, IMHO, better one :the upper with ttress and branches is fascinared for contrast white-dark, while the lowest has few interest. Crop it. I'll see the further comments, whether they agree or not.

Roman Kurywczak
12-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Hey Andrew,
Sorry for the late reply but still running around at night in Arches. I agree with Dave that the image overall seems a bit on the cyan side?.....I happen to like blue....and it does convey the sense of cold but perhaps pulloing back a touch will do the trick. I also agree with Dave on the trees in the BG....I tried the "browser" crop and find that I prefer this as a pano with most of the BG removed. Just some thoughts for you to try out.

Andrew McLachlan
12-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Thanks for comments guys, very much appreciated. Now that you mention it I can see the cyan cast - will fix that up. I'll try a few crops to see what I like. Thanks again.